Key features and details
- Armenian hamster monoclonal [H57-597] to TCR alpha + TCR beta
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TCR alpha + TCR beta antibody [H57-597]
See all TCR alpha + TCR beta primary antibodies
DescriptionArmenian hamster monoclonal [H57-597] to TCR alpha + TCR beta
Host speciesArmenian hamster
Specificityab25336 reacts with a common epitope of the ß chain of the mouse aß T cell receptor (TCR) complex.
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
TCR affinity purified from T-cell hybridoma DO-11.10 (Mouse)
ab25336 does not react with yd TCR-bearing cells. Plate-bound or soluble ab25336 activates aß TCR-bearing T cells. In vitro and in vivo, ab25336 can induce immature thymocytes to undergo apoptosis. In vivo administration of ab25336 has been shown to deplete aß TCR-bearing cells to near completion and prevent graft rejection.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.14% Monobasic dihydrogen sodium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified from tissue culture supernatant
Primary antibody notesab25336 does not react with yd TCR-bearing cells. Plate-bound or soluble ab25336 activates aß TCR-bearing T cells. In vitro and in vivo, ab25336 can induce immature thymocytes to undergo apoptosis. In vivo administration of ab25336 has been shown to deplete aß TCR-bearing cells to near completion and prevent graft rejection.
RelevanceThe receptors on T cells consist of immunoglobulin like integral membrane glycoproteins containing 2 polypeptide subunits, alpha and beta, of similar molecular weight, 40 to 55 kD in the human. Like the immunoglobulins of the B cells, each T cell receptor subunit has, external to the cell membrane, an N terminal variable domain and a C terminal constant domain. T cell receptors recognise foreign antigens which have been processed as small peptides and bound to major histocompatibility complex molecules at the surface of antigen presenting cells. Each T cell receptor is a dimer consisting of one alpha and one beta chain or one delta and one gamma chain. In a single cell, the T cell receptor loci are rearranged and expressed in the order delta, gamma, beta, and alpha. If both delta and gamma rearrangements produce functional chains, the cell expresses delta and gamma. If not, the cell proceeds to rearrange the beta and alpha loci.
Cellular localizationType I membrane protein.
- FLJ22602 antibody
- MGC117436 antibody
- MGC22624 antibody
ab25336 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Liang W et al. Core Fucosylation of the T Cell Receptor Is Required for T Cell Activation. Front Immunol 9:78 (2018). PubMed: 29434598
- Shi YF et al. In vivo administration of monoclonal antibodies to the CD3 T cell receptor complex induces cell death (apoptosis) in immature thymocytes. J Immunol 146:3340-6 (1991). PubMed: 1827483
- Murosaki S et al. Failure of T cell receptor V beta negative selection in murine intestinal intra-epithelial lymphocytes. Int Immunol 3:1005-13 (1991). PubMed: 1661605
- Finkel TH et al. Alpha beta T cell receptor and CD3 transduce different signals in immature T cells. Implications for selection and tolerance. J Immunol 142:3006-12 (1989). PubMed: 2523422
- Crago SS et al. Antisera to the secretory component recognize the murine Fc receptor for IgA. J Immunol 142:3909-12 (1989). PubMed: 2785569
- Zhang JW et al. A common epitope on human myelin basic protein and the human T lymphocyte CD3 molecule. J Immunol 142:3917-22 (1989). PubMed: 2469727
- Byrne JA et al. Virgin and memory T cells have different requirements for activation via the CD2 molecule. Int Immunol 1:29-35 (1989). PubMed: 2577287
- Kubo RT et al. Characterization of a monoclonal antibody which detects all murine alpha beta T cell receptors. J Immunol 142:2736-42 (1989). PubMed: 2467936
- Finkel TH et al. The thymus has two functionally distinct populations of immature alpha beta + T cells: one population is deleted by ligation of alpha beta TCR. Cell 58:1047-54 (1989). PubMed: 2673539