Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TEAD4
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TEAD4 antibody
See all TEAD4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TEAD4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Pig
Recombinant protein fragment corresponding to a region within amino acids 1 - 230 of Human TEAD4 (NP_003204).
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.00
Preservative: 0.025% Proclin 300
Constituents: 78% PBS, 1% BSA, 20% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Polymerase associated factors
- Pol II Transcription
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab97460 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500.|
FunctionTranscription factor which plays a key role in the Hippo signaling pathway, a pathway involved in organ size control and tumor suppression by restricting proliferation and promoting apoptosis. The core of this pathway is composed of a kinase cascade wherein MST1/MST2, in complex with its regulatory protein SAV1, phosphorylates and activates LATS1/2 in complex with its regulatory protein MOB1, which in turn phosphorylates and inactivates YAP1 oncoprotein and WWTR1/TAZ. Acts by mediating gene expression of YAP1 and WWTR1/TAZ, thereby regulating cell proliferation, migration and epithelial mesenchymal transition (EMT) induction. Binds specifically and non-cooperatively to the Sph and GT-IIC 'enhansons' (5'-GTGGAATGT-3') and activates transcription. Binds to the M-CAT motif.
Tissue specificityPreferentially expressed in skeletal muscle. Lower levels in pancreas, placenta, and heart.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 TEA DNA-binding domain.
- Information by UniProt
- EFTR 2 antibody
- EFTR2 antibody
- hRTEF 1B antibody
ab97460 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Hwang JH et al. TAZ couples Hippo/Wnt signalling and insulin sensitivity through Irs1 expression. Nat Commun 10:421 (2019). PubMed: 30679431
- Ma R et al. Activated YAP causes renal damage of type 2 diabetic nephropathy. Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 23:755-763 (2019). PubMed: 30720184
- Tang JY et al. TEAD4 promotes colorectal tumorigenesis via transcriptionally targeting YAP1. Cell Cycle 17:102-109 (2018). PubMed: 29157094
- Wang J et al. Effect of TEAD4 on multilineage differentiation of muscle-derived stem cells. Am J Transl Res 10:998-1011 (2018). WB ; Cow . PubMed: 29636889
- Zhang X et al. The essential role of YAP O-GlcNAcylation in high-glucose-stimulated liver tumorigenesis. Nat Commun 8:15280 (2017). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 28474680
- Xia Y et al. YAP promotes ovarian cancer cell tumorigenesis and is indicative of a poor prognosis for ovarian cancer patients. PLoS One 9:e91770 (2014). WB, IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 24622501
- Xia Y et al. YAP/TEAD co-activator regulated pluripotency and chemoresistance in ovarian cancer initiated cells. PLoS One 9:e109575 (2014). WB . PubMed: 25369529