Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TEM8/ATR
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TEM8/ATR antibody
See all TEM8/ATR primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TEM8/ATR
ab21270 will recognize all three isoforms of TEM8/ATR. The immunogen used for this product shares 100% homology with mouse and rat TEM8. However, thus far cross-reactivity with these species has not been confirmed experimentally.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human TEM8/ATR aa 220-270 (internal sequence).
This product was previously labelled as TEM8.
Some of our customers have successfully used ab21270 in Flow Cytometry, please see PubMed ID: 24742682, 21414394 and 18723498. However, we have not tested ab21270 in this application and therefore we cannot guarantee that it will consistently work in Flow.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesIon exchange chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab21270 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionPlays a role in cell attachment and migration. Interacts with extracellular matrix proteins and with the actin cytoskeleton. Mediates adhesion of cells to type 1 collagen and gelatin, reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton and promotes cell spreading. Plays a role in the angiogenic response of cultured umbilical vein endothelial cells.
Tissue specificityDetected in umbilical vein endothelial cells (at protein level). Highly expressed in tumor endothelial cells.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in ANTXR1 are associated with susceptibility to hemangioma capillary infantile (HCI) [MIM:602089]. HCI are benign, highly proliferative lesions involving aberrant localized growth of capillary endothelium. They are the most common tumor of infancy, occurring in up to 10% of all births. Hemangiomas tend to appear shortly after birth and show rapid neonatal growth for up to 12 months characterized by endothelial hypercellularity and increased numbers of mast cells. This phase is followed by slow involution at a rate of about 10% per year and replacement by fibrofatty stroma.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ATR family.
Contains 1 VWFA domain.
DomainBinding to PA occurs through the VWA domain.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell projection > lamellipodium membrane. Cell projection > filopodium membrane. At the membrane of lamellipodia and at the tip of actin-enriched filopodia. Colocalizes with actin at the base of lamellipodia.
- Information by UniProt
- Anthrax toxin receptor 1 antibody
- ANTR1_HUMAN antibody
- Antxr1 antibody
ab21270 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Alcalá S et al. The Anthrax Toxin Receptor 1 (ANTXR1) Is Enriched in Pancreatic Cancer Stem Cells Derived from Primary Tumor Cultures. Stem Cells Int 2019:1378639 (2019). PubMed: 31191663
- Høye AM et al. Tumor endothelial marker 8 promotes cancer progression and metastasis. Oncotarget 9:30173-30188 (2018). PubMed: 30046396
- Gong Q et al. Effect of silencing TEM8 gene on proliferation, apoptosis, migration and invasion of XWLC-05 lung cancer cells. Mol Med Rep 17:911-917 (2018). PubMed: 29115620
- Jin G et al. Combination curcumin and (-)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate inhibits colorectal carcinoma microenvironment-induced angiogenesis by JAK/STAT3/IL-8 pathway. Oncogenesis 6:e384 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28967875
- Schneck H et al. EpCAM-Independent Enrichment of Circulating Tumor Cells in Metastatic Breast Cancer. PLoS One 10:e0144535 (2015). PubMed: 26695635
- Arévalo MT et al. Targeted Silencing of Anthrax Toxin Receptors Protects against Anthrax Toxins. J Biol Chem 289:15730-15738 (2014). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 24742682
- Langer M et al. Bacillus anthracis lethal toxin reduces human alveolar epithelial barrier function. Infect Immun 80:4374-87 (2012). Human . PubMed: 23027535
- Kibria G et al. A new peptide motif present in the protective antigen of anthrax toxin exerts its efficiency on the cellular uptake of liposomes and applications for a dual-ligand system. Int J Pharm 412:106-14 (2011). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 21414394
- Wu W et al. Resistance of Human Alveolar Macrophages to Bacillus anthracis Lethal Toxin. J Immunol 183:5799-806 (2009). WB ; Human, Mouse . PubMed: 19812208
- Bagley RG et al. Human endothelial precursor cells express tumor endothelial marker 1/endosialin/CD248. Mol Cancer Ther 7:2536-46 (2008). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 18723498