Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [DB7] to Tenascin C
- Suitable for: IP, WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-Tenascin C antibody [DB7]
See all Tenascin C primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [DB7] to Tenascin C
Specificityab86182 reacts with the fibrinogen like knob domain of Tenascin C.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Tenascin polypeptides from spent culture supernatant of human fibroblasts isolated by affinity chromatography.
ab86182 is derived from the hybridoma produced by fusion between myeloma cells and Balb/c spleen cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Primary antibody notesab86182 is derived from the hybridoma produced by fusion between myeloma cells and Balb/c spleen cells.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab86182 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 241 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionExtracellular matrix protein implicated in guidance of migrating neurons as well as axons during development, synaptic plasticity as well as neuronal regeneration. Promotes neurite outgrowth from cortical neurons grown on a monolayer of astrocytes. Ligand for integrins alpha-8/beta-1, alpha-9/beta-1, alpha-V/beta-3 and alpha-V/beta-6.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tenascin family.
Contains 15 EGF-like domains.
Contains 1 fibrinogen C-terminal domain.
Contains 15 fibronectin type-III domains.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- 150 225 antibody
- Cytotactin antibody
- Glioma associated extracellular matrix antigen antibody
Immunohistochemical analysis of Human cornea tissue, staining Tenascin C wih ab86182.
Tissue was taken from healthy patients (left) or patients with granular dystrophy (right). Sections were blocked with blocking solution for 30 minutes at room temperature before incubation with primary antibody (1/50) overnight at 4°C. Staining was detected with DAB.
ab86182 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Shen C et al. Tenascin-C expression is significantly associated with the progression and prognosis in gastric GISTs. Medicine (Baltimore) 98:e14045 (2019). PubMed: 30633201
- Gökçinar-Yagci B et al. Generation of human umbilical cord vein CD146+ perivascular cell origined three-dimensional vascular construct. Microvasc Res 118:101-112 (2018). IHC-P . PubMed: 29550275
- Onion D et al. Multicomponent analysis of the tumour microenvironment reveals low CD8 T cell number, low stromal caveolin-1 and high tenascin-C and their combination as significant prognostic markers in non-small cell lung cancer. Oncotarget 9:1760-1771 (2018). PubMed: 29416729
- Li Y et al. Differentiation of Human Amniotic Mesenchymal Stem Cells into Human Anterior Cruciate Ligament Fibroblast Cells by In Vitro Coculture. Biomed Res Int 2017:7360354 (2017). PubMed: 29085840
- Szalai E et al. Fibrillin-2, tenascin-C, matrilin-2, and matrilin-4 are strongly expressed in the epithelium of human granular and lattice type I corneal dystrophies. Mol Vis 18:1927-36 (2012). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 22876117
- Tiitta O et al. Enhanced tenascin expression in cervical and vulvar koilocytotic lesions. Am J Pathol 141:907-13 (1992). PubMed: 1384340