Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [EB2] to Tenascin C
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr
- Reacts with: Rabbit, Guinea pig, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Tenascin C antibody [EB2]
See all Tenascin C primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [EB2] to Tenascin C
Specificityab88280 reacts with the 4th and 5th fibronectin repeats of human Tenascin C polypeptides.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rabbit, Guinea pig, Human
Purified Tenascin C from human fetal fibroblasts.
- Vulva carcinoma
ab88280 is derived from the hybridoma produced by fusion between myeloma cells and Balb/c spleen cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Primary antibody notesab88280 is derived from the hybridoma produced by fusion between myeloma cells and Balb/c spleen cells.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab88280 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionExtracellular matrix protein implicated in guidance of migrating neurons as well as axons during development, synaptic plasticity as well as neuronal regeneration. Promotes neurite outgrowth from cortical neurons grown on a monolayer of astrocytes. Ligand for integrins alpha-8/beta-1, alpha-9/beta-1, alpha-V/beta-3 and alpha-V/beta-6.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tenascin family.
Contains 15 EGF-like domains.
Contains 1 fibrinogen C-terminal domain.
Contains 15 fibronectin type-III domains.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- 150 225 antibody
- Cytotactin antibody
- Glioma associated extracellular matrix antigen antibody
ab88280 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Rodríguez MA et al. Gene expression profile of extraocular muscles following resection strabismus surgery. Exp Eye Res 182:182-193 (2019). PubMed: 30953624
- Canseco JA et al. Effect on ligament marker expression by direct-contact co-culture of mesenchymal stem cells and anterior cruciate ligament cells. Tissue Eng Part A 18:2549-58 (2012). PubMed: 22780864
- Angunawela RI et al. Refractive lenticule re-implantation after myopic ReLEx: a feasibility study of stromal restoration after refractive surgery in a rabbit model. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:4975-85 (2012). PubMed: 22743323