Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [5.1B8] to Tetanus Toxoid
- Suitable for: ELISA
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Tetanus Toxoid antibody [5.1B8]
See all Tetanus Toxoid primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5.1B8] to Tetanus Toxoid
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for tetanus toxin and tetanus toxoid.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Full length protein corresponding to Tetanus Toxoid. (formaldehyde inactivated tetanus toxin)
C. tetani toxoid injected in mice is not neutralized efficiently enough by administration of this antibody to allow rescue.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0268% PBS, 2.9% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesProtein A/G purified
Primary antibody notesC. tetani toxoid injected in mice is not neutralized efficiently enough by administration of this antibody to allow rescue.
Light chain typekappa
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26247 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
RelevanceTetanus toxoid is derived from the toxin released by Clostridium Tetanis that causes the disease tetanus. It is used as a vaccine to prevent tetanus or to help boost the immune response to other vaccines. A toxoid is a substance that has been treated to destroy its toxic properties but that retains the capacity to stimulate production of antitoxins, used in immunization. Tetanus toxoid is produced by formaldehyde inactivation of pure neuro toxin. Each lot is verified to be non toxic. In addition to being a potent antigen, tetanus toxoid is a useful carrier protein for making polysaccharides and haptens immunogenic.
- Clostridium tetani toxoid antibody
- Tentoxylysin antibody
- Tetanus toxin antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab26247 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Goyette-Desjardins G et al. Protection against Streptococcus suis Serotype 2 Infection Using a Capsular Polysaccharide Glycoconjugate Vaccine. Infect Immun 84:2059-75 (2016). PubMed: 27113360
- Jalah R et al. Efficacy, but not antibody titer or affinity, of a heroin hapten conjugate vaccine correlates with increasing hapten densities on tetanus toxoid, but not on CRM197 carriers. Bioconjug Chem 26:1041-53 (2015). ELISA ; Mouse . PubMed: 25970207
- Bertho JM et al. Influence on the mouse immune system of chronic ingestion of (137)Cs. J Radiol Prot 31:25-39 (2011). ELISA . PubMed: 21346294
- Peachman KK et al. The importance of antibody isotype in HIV-1 virus capture assay and in TZM-bl neutralization. Viral Immunol 23:627-32 (2010). PubMed: 21142448