Key features and details
- Non-selective K+ channel blocker
- CAS Number: 56-34-8
Soluble in water to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameTetraethylammonium chloride (TEA), non-selective K+ channel blocker
DescriptionNon-selective K+ channel blocker
Non-selective K+ channel blocker (6TM family of K+ channels).
Chemical nameN,N,N,N-Tetraethylammonium chloride
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120275 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Goz RU et al. BRAFV600E expression in neural progenitors results in a hyperexcitable phenotype in neocortical pyramidal neurons. J Neurophysiol 123:2449-2464 (2020). PubMed: 32401131
- Liu BH et al. Cortico-fugal output from visual cortex promotes plasticity of innate motor behaviour. Nature 538:383-387 (2016). PubMed: 27732573
- Li S et al. Pathogenic plasticity of Kv7.2/3 channel activity is essential for the induction of tinnitus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:9980-5 (2013). PubMed: 23716673
- Alexander SP et al. Guide to Receptors and Channels (GRAC), 3rd edition. Br J Pharmacol 153 Suppl 2:S1-209 (2008). PubMed: 18347570
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES, NOT FOR USE IN HUMANS"
For licensing inquiries, please contact email@example.com