Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Nucleotide metabolism
- Molecular processes
- Mitochondrial transcription
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13676 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 21113058|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent dilution. Can be blocked with Human TFB2M peptide (ab23228). Preliminary experiments gave an approx 40kDa band in Human Brain lysate at 0.3 ug/ml. Please note that currently we cannot find an explanation in the literature for the band we observe given the predicted size of approx. 46kDda according to NP_071761|
FunctionS-adenosyl-L-methionine-dependent methyltransferase which specifically dimethylates mitochondrial 12S rRNA at the conserved stem loop. Also required for basal transcription of mitochondrial DNA, probably via its interaction with POLRMT and TFAM. Stimulates transcription independently of the methyltransferase activity. Compared to TFB1M, it activates transcription of mitochondrial DNA more efficiently, while it has less methyltransferase activity.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the methyltransferase superfamily. rRNA adenine N(6)-methyltransferase family. KsgA subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- N''-adenosyl(rRNA) dimethyltransferase 2 antibody
- S adenosylmethionine 6 N', N' adenosyl(rRNA) dimethyltransferase 2 antibody
- Dimethyladenosine transferase 2 antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Watanabe A et al. Mitochondrial transcription factors TFAM and TFB2M regulate Serca2 gene transcription. Cardiovasc Res 90:57-67 (2011). ICC/IF ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 21113058) »
- Minczuk M et al. TEFM (c17orf42) is necessary for transcription of human mtDNA. Nucleic Acids Res 39:4284-4299 (2011). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21278163) »