Product nameAnti-TFB2M antibody
See all TFB2M primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TFB2M
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Horse
- Transfected 293T cell lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Nucleotide metabolism
- Molecular processes
- Mitochondrial transcription
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66014 in the following tested applications.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1.25 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 40 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 4 - 8 µg/ml.|
FunctionS-adenosyl-L-methionine-dependent methyltransferase which specifically dimethylates mitochondrial 12S rRNA at the conserved stem loop. Also required for basal transcription of mitochondrial DNA, probably via its interaction with POLRMT and TFAM. Stimulates transcription independently of the methyltransferase activity. Compared to TFB1M, it activates transcription of mitochondrial DNA more efficiently, while it has less methyltransferase activity.
Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the methyltransferase superfamily. rRNA adenine N(6)-methyltransferase family. KsgA subfamily.
- Information by UniProt
- N''-adenosyl(rRNA) dimethyltransferase 2 antibody
- S adenosylmethionine 6 N', N' adenosyl(rRNA) dimethyltransferase 2 antibody
- Dimethyladenosine transferase 2 antibody
Anti-TFB2M antibody (ab66014) at 1.25 µg/ml + transfected 293T cell lysate at 10 µg with 5% skim milk / PBS buffer
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 50,000 - 100,000 dilution
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
Observed band size: 40 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human intestine tissue labelling TFB2M with ab66014 at 4-8µg/ml. Arrows indicate positively labelled epithelial cells of the intestinal villus. Magnification: 400X.
ab66014 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Herbers E et al. Tissue specific differences in mitochondrial DNA maintenance and expression. Mitochondrion N/A:N/A (2018). WB . PubMed: 29339192
- Pohjoismäki JL et al. Oxidative stress during mitochondrial biogenesis compromises mtDNA integrity in growing hearts and induces a global DNA repair response. Nucleic Acids Res 40:6595-607 (2012). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 22508755
- Karamanlidis G et al. Defective DNA replication impairs mitochondrial biogenesis in human failing hearts. Circ Res 106:1541-8 (2010). PubMed: 20339121