Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to TFEB
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TFEB antibody
See all TFEB primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to TFEB
SpecificityThis antibody is raised against TCFEB. However a customer reports that this antibody cross reacts with mouse TFE3 and MITF (other members of transcription factor family Mi/Tfe) in over-expressing cell lines.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Dog, Pig, Chinese hamster
- Purchase matching WB positive control:Recombinant Human TFEB protein
- WB: HeLa and Jurkat cell lysates, and human thymus lysate.
Based on sequence homology, TFEB isoforms 1 and 2 (NP_009093.1 and NP_001161299.2) with MW of 52.9 and 54.2 kDa respectively can be detected by this antibody
Principal Names - TFEB; transcription factor EB; TCFEB; T-cell transcription factor EB Official Gene Symbol - TFEB GenBank Accession Number – NP_009093 LocusLink ID - 7942 (human); 21425 (mouse)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: Tris buffered saline, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
- Epigenetics and Nuclear Signaling
- Domain Families
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
- HLH / Leucine Zipper
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2636 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.3 - 1 µg/ml.
Primary incubation 1 hour at room temperature. Blocking in milk.
Detects band(s) of approximately 53 kDa. Predicted molecular weights of TFEB isoforms 1 and 2 are 52.9 and 54.2 kDa respectively. Preliminary testing was unsuccessful on cell line NIH3T3 for this particular batch.
FunctionTranscription factor that specifically recognizes and binds E-box sequences (3'-CANNTG-5'). Efficient DNA-binding requires dimerization with itself or with another MiT/TFE family member such as TFE3 or MITF. In association with TFE3, activates the expression of CD40L in T-cells, thereby playing a role in T-cell-dependent antibody responses in activated CD4(+) T-cells and thymus-dependent humoral immunity. Specifically recognizes and binds the CLEAR-box sequence (5'-GTCACGTGAC-3') present in the regulatory region of many lysosomal genes, leading to activate their expression. It thereby plays a central role in expression of lysosomal genes. Specifically recognizes the gamma-E3 box, a subset of E-boxes, present in the heavy-chain immunoglobulin enhancer. Plays a role in the signal transduction processes required for normal vascularization of the placenta.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MiT/TFE family.
Contains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
DomainThe leucin zipper region is essential for homo- or heterodimerization and high-affinity DNA binding. DNA binding is mediated by the basic region.
modificationsSumoylated; does not affect dimerization with MITF.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Mainly present in the cytoplasm. Under aberrant lysosomal storage conditions, it translocates from the cytoplasm to the nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha TFEB antibody
- AlphaTFEB antibody
- bHLHe35 antibody
Anti-TFEB antibody (ab2636) at 1 µg/ml + Human thymus lysate in RIPA buffer at 35 µg
Observed band size: 60 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Primary incubation was 1 hour. Detected by chemiluminescence.
ab2636 has been referenced in 32 publications.
- Liu N et al. Lactate inhibits ATP6V0d2 expression in tumor-associated macrophages to promote HIF-2a-mediated tumor progression. J Clin Invest N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30431439
- Magini A et al. Curcumin Analogue C1 Promotes Hex and Gal Recruitment to the Plasma Membrane via mTORC1-Independent TFEB Activation. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30889901
- Song H et al. METTL3 and ALKBH5 oppositely regulate m6A modification of TFEB mRNA, which dictates the fate of hypoxia/reoxygenation-treated cardiomyocytes. Autophagy 15:1419-1437 (2019). PubMed: 30870073
- Kojima F et al. Aggressive TFEB-rearranged renal cell carcinoma mimicking chromophobe and clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Pathol Int 69:51-53 (2019). PubMed: 30620430
- Zhou J et al. Thyroid Hormone Status Regulates Skeletal Muscle Response to Chronic Motor Nerve Stimulation. Front Physiol 10:1363 (2019). PubMed: 31736784