Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TGF beta 1
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TGF beta 1 antibody
See all TGF beta 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TGF beta 1
SpecificityFull length, inactive 44 kD TGFB1 is cleaved into mature TGFB1 (13 kD). TGFB1 also homodimerizes and heterodimerizes with TGFB2, so there is potential for multiple different band sizes in WB.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Pig
- IHC-P: Mouse skin FFPE tissue sections.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25121 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 44 kDa.
44 kDa for the unprocessed precursor; 25 kDa for the mature protein. Full length, inactive 44 kD TGFB1 is cleaved into mature TGFB1 (13 kD). TGFB1 also homodimerizes and heterodimerizes with TGFB2, so there is potential for multiple different band sizes in WB.
FunctionMultifunctional protein that controls proliferation, differentiation and other functions in many cell types. Many cells synthesize TGFB1 and have specific receptors for it. It positively and negatively regulates many other growth factors. It plays an important role in bone remodeling as it is a potent stimulator of osteoblastic bone formation, causing chemotaxis, proliferation and differentiation in committed osteoblasts.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in bone. Abundantly expressed in articular cartilage and chondrocytes and is increased in osteoarthritis (OA). Co-localizes with ASPN in chondrocytes within OA lesions of articular cartilage.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TGFB1 are the cause of Camurati-Engelmann disease (CE) [MIM:131300]; also known as progressive diaphyseal dysplasia 1 (DPD1). CE is an autosomal dominant disorder characterized by hyperostosis and sclerosis of the diaphyses of long bones. The disease typically presents in early childhood with pain, muscular weakness and waddling gait, and in some cases other features such as exophthalmos, facial paralysis, hearing difficulties and loss of vision.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
The precursor is cleaved into mature TGF-beta-1 and LAP, which remains non-covalently linked to mature TGF-beta-1 rendering it inactive.
Cellular localizationSecreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- Cartilage-inducing factor antibody
- CED antibody
- Differentiation inhibiting factor antibody
IHC image of TGF beta 1 staining in mouse skin formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond system using the standard protocol B. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab25121, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature. A goat anti-rabbit biotinylated secondary antibody was used to detect the primary, and visualized using an HRP conjugated ABC system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab25121 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Zhao H et al. PDCD5 inhibits osteosarcoma cell metastasis via targeting TGF-ß1/Smad signaling pathway and is associated with good prognosis. Am J Transl Res 11:1116-1128 (2019). PubMed: 30899411
- Li L et al. The dipeptidyl peptidase-4 inhibitor sitagliptin ameliorates renal injury in type 1 diabetic mice via inhibiting the TGF-ß/Smad signal pathway. Pharmazie 74:239-242 (2019). PubMed: 30940309
- Ding YF et al. Baishouwu Extract Suppresses the Development of Hepatocellular Carcinoma via TLR4/MyD88/NF-?B Pathway. Front Pharmacol 10:389 (2019). PubMed: 31068809
- Paller C et al. TGF-ß receptor I inhibitor enhances response to enzalutamide in a pre-clinical model of advanced prostate cancer. Prostate 79:31-43 (2019). PubMed: 30155899
- Hensley PJ et al. Predictive and targeting value of IGFBP-3 in therapeutically resistant prostate cancer. Am J Clin Exp Urol 7:188-202 (2019). PubMed: 31317059