Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TGF beta 2
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TGF beta 2 antibody
See all TGF beta 2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TGF beta 2
SpecificityThis antibody is raised against the latency associated peptide (LAP) region of TGFB2, so it will not recognize mature TGFB2.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Horse, Cow, Dog, Pig, Macaque monkey, Gorilla
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human TGF beta 2 aa 250-350 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- WB: MCF7 whole cell lysate and human breast, human adipose, rat kidney and mouse kidney tissue lysates. ICC/IF: HepG2 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab113670 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionTGF-beta 2 has suppressive effects on interleukin-2 dependent T-cell growth.
Involvement in diseaseA chromosomal aberration involving TGFB2 is found in a family with Peters anomaly. Translocation t(1;7)(q41;p21) with HDAC9.
Loeys-Dietz syndrome 4
Defects in TGFB2 may be a cause of non-syndromic aortic disease (NSAD). NSAD is a frequently asymptomatic but potentially lethal disease characterized by thoracic aortic aneurysms and dissections without additional syndromic features.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved into mature TGF-beta-2 and LAP, which remains non-covalently linked to mature TGF-beta-2 rendering it inactive.
- Information by UniProt
- BSC-1 cell growth inhibitor antibody
- BSC1 cell growth inhibitor antibody
- Cetermin antibody
ICC/IF image of ab113670 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab113670, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
All lanes : Anti-TGF beta 2 antibody (ab113670) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human breast tissue lysate - total protein (ab30090)
Lane 2 : MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : Kidney (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : Kidney (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 5 : Human adipose normal tissue lysate - total protein (ab28980)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 48 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 68 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 150 seconds
ab113670 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Zhu HP et al. Regulatory mechanism of NOV/CCN3 in the inflammation and apoptosis of lung epithelial alveolar cells upon lipopolysaccharide stimulation. Mol Med Rep 21:1872-1880 (2020). PubMed: 31545412
- MacFarlane EG et al. Lineage-specific events underlie aortic root aneurysm pathogenesis in Loeys-Dietz syndrome. J Clin Invest 129:659-675 (2019). PubMed: 30614814
- Liu J et al. The role of focal adhesion kinase in transforming growth factor-ß2 induced migration of human lens epithelial cells. Int J Mol Med 42:3591-3601 (2018). PubMed: 30280182
- Reithmeier A et al. Tartrate-resistant acid phosphatase (TRAP/ACP5) promotes metastasis-related properties via TGFß2/TßR and CD44 in MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells. BMC Cancer 17:650 (2017). PubMed: 28915803
- Zhang Q et al. The relationship between anti-vascular endothelial growth factor and fibrosis in proliferative retinopathy: clinical and laboratory evidence. Br J Ophthalmol 100:1443-50 (2016). PubMed: 27531356
- Florea V et al. c-Myc Is Essential to Prevent Endothelial Pro-Inflammatory Senescent Phenotype. PLoS One 8:e73146 (2013). PubMed: 24039874