Key features and details
- Mouse polyclonal to TGF beta 2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TGF beta 2 antibody
See all TGF beta 2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse polyclonal to TGF beta 2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human, Pig
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Horse, Cow, Dog, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey
- TGF beta 2 transfected 293T cell lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Constituent: 100% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab167655 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 48 kDa.|
FunctionTGF-beta 2 has suppressive effects on interleukin-2 dependent T-cell growth.
Involvement in diseaseA chromosomal aberration involving TGFB2 is found in a family with Peters anomaly. Translocation t(1;7)(q41;p21) with HDAC9.
Loeys-Dietz syndrome 4
Defects in TGFB2 may be a cause of non-syndromic aortic disease (NSAD). NSAD is a frequently asymptomatic but potentially lethal disease characterized by thoracic aortic aneurysms and dissections without additional syndromic features.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved into mature TGF-beta-2 and LAP, which remains non-covalently linked to mature TGF-beta-2 rendering it inactive.
- Information by UniProt
- BSC-1 cell growth inhibitor antibody
- BSC1 cell growth inhibitor antibody
- Cetermin antibody
ab167655 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Song L et al. Phytosterol esters attenuate hepatic steatosis in rats with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease rats fed a high-fat diet. Sci Rep 7:41604 (2017). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 28169366
- Zhuang R et al. CR6-interacting factor 1 inhibits invasiveness by suppressing TGF-ß-mediated epithelial-mesenchymal transition in hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget 8:94759-94768 (2017). PubMed: 29212264
- Liu Y et al. RUNX3 modulates hypoxia-induced endothelial-to-mesenchymal transition of human cardiac microvascular endothelial cells. Int J Mol Med 40:65-74 (2017). PubMed: 28534977