Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal to TGF beta 2
- Reacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-TGF beta 2 antibody
See all TGF beta 2 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal to TGF beta 2
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human
EpitopeRecognizes an epitope within amino acids 50-75 of the mature human TGF beta 2 protein.
This antibody does not inhibit the binding of TGF beta 2 to the TGF beta 2 Type 2 Receptor in mink lung epithelial cells.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: Water
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesPurified from conditioned medium by Protein G agarose chromatography
Primary antibody notesThis antibody does not inhibit the binding of TGF beta 2 to the TGF beta 2 Type 2 Receptor in mink lung epithelial cells.
FunctionTGF-beta 2 has suppressive effects on interleukin-2 dependent T-cell growth.
Involvement in diseaseA chromosomal aberration involving TGFB2 is found in a family with Peters anomaly. Translocation t(1;7)(q41;p21) with HDAC9.
Loeys-Dietz syndrome 4
Defects in TGFB2 may be a cause of non-syndromic aortic disease (NSAD). NSAD is a frequently asymptomatic but potentially lethal disease characterized by thoracic aortic aneurysms and dissections without additional syndromic features.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family.
modificationsThe precursor is cleaved into mature TGF-beta-2 and LAP, which remains non-covalently linked to mature TGF-beta-2 rendering it inactive.
- Information by UniProt
- BSC-1 cell growth inhibitor antibody
- BSC1 cell growth inhibitor antibody
- Cetermin antibody
ab36495 has been referenced in 30 publications.
- Lv Y et al. lncRNA TGFß2-AS1 promotes ECM production via TGF-ß2 in human trabecular meshwork cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 527:881-888 (2020). PubMed: 32423825
- Bao Y et al. Pirfenidone ameliorates the formation of choroidal neovascularization in mice. Mol Med Rep 21:2162-2170 (2020). PubMed: 32323767
- Abukiwan A et al. Dexamethasone-induced inhibition of miR-132 via methylation promotes TGF-ß-driven progression of pancreatic cancer. Int J Oncol 54:53-64 (2019). PubMed: 30387838
- Wang Z et al. NEAT1 regulates neuroglial cell mediating Aß clearance via the epigenetic regulation of endocytosis-related genes expression. Cell Mol Life Sci N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31006037
- Yang J et al. Transforming growth factor-ß is involved in maintaining oocyte meiotic arrest by promoting natriuretic peptide type C expression in mouse granulosa cells. Cell Death Dis 10:558 (2019). PubMed: 31332164