Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [MM0057-5G9] to TGF beta Receptor III/TGFBR3
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-TGF beta Receptor III/TGFBR3 antibody [MM0057-5G9]
See all TGF beta Receptor III/TGFBR3 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MM0057-5G9] to TGF beta Receptor III/TGFBR3
This antibody was selected for its ability to detect TGF beta Receptor III/TGFBR3. No cross reactivity was found to TGF beta Receptor I and Receptor II.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human TGF beta Receptor III/TGFBR3.
This product was previously labelled as TGF beta Receptor III
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notesThe IgG fraction of culture supernatant was purified by Protein G affinity chromatography and lyophilized from a 0.2 µm filtered solution in phosphate buffered saline (PBS).
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab78421 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/100 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 93 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionBinds to TGF-beta. Could be involved in capturing and retaining TGF-beta for presentation to the signaling receptors.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 ZP domain.
modificationsExtensively modified by glycosaminoglycan groups (GAG).
Cellular localizationSecreted. Secreted > extracellular space. Cell membrane. Exists both as a membrane-bound form and as soluble form in serum and in the extracellular matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- Beta glycan antibody
- Betaglycan antibody
- Betaglycan proteoglycan antibody
ab78421 at 1/100 dilution, staining TGF beta Receptor III/TGFBR3 in human placental tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Overlay histogram showing K562 cells stained with ab78421 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab78421, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
Please note that Abcam do not have any data for use of this antibody on non-fixed cells. We welcome any customer feedback.
ab78421 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Lin J et al. Berberine, a Traditional Chinese Medicine, Reduces Inflammation in Adipose Tissue, Polarizes M2 Macrophages, and Increases Energy Expenditure in Mice Fed a High-Fat Diet. Med Sci Monit 25:87-97 (2019). PubMed: 30606998
- Cornell L et al. MicroRNA-Mediated Suppression of the TGF-ß Pathway Confers Transmissible and Reversible CDK4/6 Inhibitor Resistance. Cell Rep 26:2667-2680.e7 (2019). PubMed: 30840889
- Han YL et al. Downregulation of microRNA-193-3p inhibits the progression of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma cells by upregulating TGFBR3. Exp Ther Med 15:4508-4514 (2018). PubMed: 29725386
- Yumoto K et al. Axl is required for TGF-ß2-induced dormancy of prostate cancer cells in the bone marrow. Sci Rep 6:36520 (2016). Human . PubMed: 27819283
- Liu G et al. Dendritic cell SIRT1-HIF1a axis programs the differentiation of CD4+ T cells through IL-12 and TGF-ß1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:E957-65 (2015). PubMed: 25730867