Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR5655(2)] to TGIF2
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-TGIF2 antibody [EPR5655(2)]
See all TGIF2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5655(2)] to TGIF2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human TGIF2 (internal sequence).
Database link: Q9GZN2
- Human fetal kidney tissue lysate; HeLa cell lysate; Human ovary cancer tissue lysate; HeLa cells.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
Previously labelled as TGF beta induced factor 2.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab155948 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/250 - 1/500.|
FunctionTranscriptional repressor, which probably repress transcription by binding directly the 5'-CTGTCAA-3' DNA sequence or by interacting with TGF-beta activated SMAD proteins. Probably represses transcription via the recruitment of histone deacetylase proteins.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Highly expressed in heart, kidney and testis. Weakly expressed in brain and prostate.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TALE/TGIF homeobox family.
Contains 1 homeobox DNA-binding domain.
modificationsThe C-terminal part is phosphorylated in response to EGF signaling by the Ras/MAPK pathway.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Excluded from nucleoli.
- Information by UniProt
- 5' TG 3' interacting factor 2 antibody
- 5''-TG-3''-interacting factor 2 antibody
- Homeobox protein TGIF2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-TGIF2 antibody [EPR5655(2)] (ab155948) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human fetal kidney tissue lysate
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 3 : Human ovary cancer tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 26 kDa
Immunofluorescence analysis of HeLa cells, labeling TGIF2 using ab155948 at 1/250 dilution.
ab155948 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Tanaka F et al. Nuclear PKM2 promotes the progression of oral squamous cell carcinoma by inducing EMT and post-translationally repressing TGIF2. Oncotarget 9:33745-33761 (2018). PubMed: 30333907
- Agrawal P et al. A Systems Biology Approach Identifies FUT8 as a Driver of Melanoma Metastasis. Cancer Cell 31:804-819.e7 (2017). PubMed: 28609658
- Hamabe A et al. Role of pyruvate kinase M2 in transcriptional regulation leading to epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111:15526-31 (2014). PubMed: 25313085