Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TGN46
- Suitable for: WB, IP, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.0268% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab50595 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.25 - 0.5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 80-100 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa).|
|IP||Use a concentration of 10 - 20 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 - 10 µg/ml.|
FunctionMay be involved in regulating membrane traffic to and from trans-Golgi network.
Tissue specificityIsoform TGN46 is widely expressed. Isoform TGN51 is more abundant in fetal lung and kidney. Isoform TGN48 is barely expressed in embryonic kidney and promyelocytic cells.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Golgi apparatus > trans-Golgi network membrane. Primarily in trans-Golgi network. Cycles between the trans-Golgi network and the cell surface returning via endosomes.
- Information by UniProt
- TGN 46 antibody
- TGN 51 antibody
- TGN38 antibody
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence analysis of Panc-1 cells labeling TGN46 with ab50595 at 1/100 dilution. Cells were fixed with formaldehyde followed by blocking in 1% Donkey serum in PBST for 1 hour at 22°C. A donkey-anti-Rb Alexa Fluor® 594 was used as the secondary antibody at 1/200 dilution. DAPI nulcear counter stain.
ab50595 staining TGN46 in human HeLa cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde in PBS for 10 minutes, permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X100 and blocked with 2% BSA for 30 minutes at 25°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/200 in 2% BSA + 0.1% Triton X100) for 2 hours at 25°C. An Alexa Fluor® 594-conjugated Goat polyclonal to mouse IgG (dilution 1/1500) was used as secondary antibody.
Human A549 cells were fixed and permeabilized with methanol followed by acetone fixation. Fixed cells were stained with 2.5 µg/ml ab50595. The antibody was developed with Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, FITC conjugate.
ab50595 staining human osteosarcoma (143b) cells by ICC/IF. Cells were PFA fixed and permeabilized in 0.1% Triton X-100 prior to blocking in 1% BSA for 30 minutes at 37°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/200 and incubated with the sample for 1 hour at 37°C. The secondary antibody was Alexa Fluor® 594 conjugated donkey polyclonal to rabbit diluted 1/500.
ab50595 has been referenced in 35 publications.
- Song K et al. A SEPT1-based scaffold is required for Golgi integrity and function. J Cell Sci 132:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30709970
- Cooper-Knock J et al. Mutations in the Glycosyltransferase Domain of GLT8D1 Are Associated with Familial Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. Cell Rep 26:2298-2306.e5 (2019). PubMed: 30811981
- Cockburn CL et al. Functional inhibition of acid sphingomyelinase disrupts infection by intracellular bacterial pathogens. Life Sci Alliance 2:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30902833
- Mishra S et al. The protein secretion modulator TMED9 drives CNIH4/TGFa/GLI signaling opposing TMED3-WNT-TCF to promote colon cancer metastases. Oncogene 38:5817-5837 (2019). PubMed: 31253868
- Jin C et al. Shank3 regulates striatal synaptic abundance of Cyld, a deubiquitinase specific for Lys63-linked polyubiquitin chains. J Neurochem 150:776-786 (2019). PubMed: 31215654