Key features and details
- Fluorescent cell-permeable amyloid binding benzothiazole salt
- CAS Number: 2390-54-7
- Purity: > 97%
- Soluble in water to 25mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameThioflavin T, Fluorescent cell-permeable amyloid binding benzothiazole salt
DescriptionFluorescent cell-permeable amyloid binding benzothiazole salt
Fluorescent cell-permeable amyloid binding benzothiazole salt. Dye used to visualise stacked β sheets in vitro and in vivo. Binding induces a shift in excitation maximum (385 nm to 450 nm) and emission maximum (445 nm to 482 nm). Highly soluble in water. Limited ability to cross the blood-brain barrier.
Chemical name4-(3,6-Dimethyl-1,3-benzothiazol-3-ium-2-yl)-N,N-dimethylaniline chloride
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in water to 25mM and in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Refer to SDS for further information
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120751 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Peng CC et al. Nifedipine Upregulates ATF6-a, Caspases -12, -3, and -7 Implicating Lipotoxicity-Associated Renal ER Stress. Int J Mol Sci 21:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32365658
- Monaco A et al. The Amyloid Inhibitor CLR01 Relieves Autophagy and Ameliorates Neuropathology in a Severe Lysosomal Storage Disease. Mol Ther 28:1167-1176 (2020). PubMed: 32087148
- Sears JC & Broadie K FMRP-PKA Activity Negative Feedback Regulates RNA Binding-Dependent Fibrillation in Brain Learning and Memory Circuitry. Cell Rep 33:108266 (2020). PubMed: 33053340
- Stephens AD et al. Isolation and Imaging of His- and RFP-tagged Amyloid-like Proteins from Caenorhabditis elegans by TEM and SIM. Bio Protoc 9:e3408 (2019). PubMed: 33654909
- Blancas-Mejia LM et al. Assays for Light Chain Amyloidosis Formation and Cytotoxicity. Methods Mol Biol 1873:123-153 (2019). PubMed: 30341607