Key features and details
- Sulfur-based antibiotic agent. Potent RNA polmerase inhibitor
- CAS Number: 87-11-6
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in DMSO to 10 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameThiolutin, antibiotic agent
DescriptionSulfur-based antibiotic agent. Potent RNA polmerase inhibitor
Biological descriptionSulfur-based antibiotic agent. Potent RNA polymerase inhibitor. Inhibits endothelial cell adhesion (IC50 = 0.83 μM). Suppresses tumor cell induced angiogenesis and shows antitumor effects in vivo.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 10 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Toxic, refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab143556 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Vasianovich Y et al. Telomerase biogenesis requires a novel Mex67 function and a cytoplasmic association with the Sm7 complex. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33095156
- Meriem ZB et al. Hyperosmotic Stress Response Memory is Modulated by Gene Positioning in Yeast. Cells 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31200564
- Dronamraju R et al. Spt6 Association with RNA Polymerase II Directs mRNA Turnover During Transcription. Mol Cell 70:1054-1066.e4 (2018). PubMed: 29932900
- Baptista T et al. SAGA Is a General Cofactor for RNA Polymerase II Transcription. Mol Cell 68:130-143.e5 (2017). PubMed: 28918903