Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Thioredoxin / TRX
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Thioredoxin / TRX antibody
See all Thioredoxin / TRX primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Thioredoxin / TRX
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Sheep, Horse, Cow
Recombinant human protein purified from E.coli.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.87% Sodium chloride, HEPES, 0.01% BSA, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab86255 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 12 kDa.|
FunctionParticipates in various redox reactions through the reversible oxidation of its active center dithiol to a disulfide and catalyzes dithiol-disulfide exchange reactions. Plays a role in the reversible S-nitrosylation of cysteine residues in target proteins, and thereby contributes to the response to intracellular nitric oxide. Nitrosylates the active site Cys of CASP3 in response to nitric oxide (NO), and thereby inhibits caspase-3 activity. Induces the FOS/JUN AP-1 DNA-binding activity in ionizing radiation (IR) cells through its oxidation/reduction status and stimulates AP-1 transcriptional activity.
ADF augments the expression of the interleukin-2 receptor TAC (IL2R/P55).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the thioredoxin family.
Contains 1 thioredoxin domain.
modificationsIn the fully reduced protein, both Cys-69 and Cys-73 are nitrosylated in response to nitric oxide (NO). When two disulfide bonds are present in the protein, only Cys-73 is nitrosylated. Cys-73 can serve as donor for nitrosylation of target proteins.
In case of infection, ubiquitinated by S.typhimurium protein slrP, leading to its degradation.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Secreted. Secreted by a leaderless secretory pathway. Predominantly in the cytoplasm in non irradiated cells. Radiation induces translocation of TRX from the cytoplasm to the nucleus.
- Information by UniProt
- ADF antibody
- ATL derived factor antibody
- ATL-derived factor antibody
ab86255 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Danzl K et al. Early inhibition of endothelial retinoid uptake upon myocardial infarction restores cardiac function and prevents cell, tissue, and animal death. J Mol Cell Cardiol 126:105-117 (2019). PubMed: 30472251
- Cong P et al. CD28 Deficiency Ameliorates Thoracic Blast Exposure-Induced Oxidative Stress and Apoptosis in the Brain through the PI3K/Nrf2/Keap1 Signaling Pathway. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2019:8460290 (2019). PubMed: 31885821
- Kommaddi RP et al. Glutaredoxin1 Diminishes Amyloid Beta-Mediated Oxidation of F-Actin and Reverses Cognitive Deficits in an Alzheimer's Disease Mouse Model. Antioxid Redox Signal 31:1321-1338 (2019). PubMed: 31617375
- Wu M et al. Thioredoxin-interacting protein deficiency ameliorates kidney inflammation and fibrosis in mice with unilateral ureteral obstruction. Lab Invest 98:1211-1224 (2018). PubMed: 29884908
- Zhu J et al. Oxidative and anti-oxidative status in muscle of young rats in response to six protein diets. Sci Rep 7:13184 (2017). PubMed: 29030561