Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Thrombin
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Thrombin antibody
See all Thrombin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Thrombin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Sheep, Rabbit, Pig, Macaque monkey, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Thrombin aa 400-500 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following lysates: Human Liver Tissue; Mouse Liver Tissue; Rat Liver Tissue; Human Plasma Total Protein; Mouse Plasma
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab92621 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 78 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 70 kDa).|
FunctionThrombin, which cleaves bonds after Arg and Lys, converts fibrinogen to fibrin and activates factors V, VII, VIII, XIII, and, in complex with thrombomodulin, protein C. Functions in blood homeostasis, inflammation and wound healing.
Tissue specificityExpressed by the liver and secreted in plasma.
Involvement in diseaseFactor II deficiency
Thrombophilia due to thrombin defect
Pregnancy loss, recurrent, 2
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family.
Contains 1 Gla (gamma-carboxy-glutamate) domain.
Contains 2 kringle domains.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
modificationsThe gamma-carboxyglutamyl residues, which bind calcium ions, result from the carboxylation of glutamyl residues by a microsomal enzyme, the vitamin K-dependent carboxylase. The modified residues are necessary for the calcium-dependent interaction with a negatively charged phospholipid surface, which is essential for the conversion of prothrombin to thrombin.
N-glycosylated. N-glycan heterogeneity at Asn-121: Hex3HexNAc3 (minor), Hex4HexNAc3 (minor) and Hex5HexNAc4 (major). At Asn-143: Hex4HexNAc3 (minor) and Hex5HexNAc4 (major).
Cellular localizationSecreted, extracellular space.
- Information by UniProt
- Coagulation factor II antibody
- Coagulation factor II thrombin antibody
- EC 22.214.171.124 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Thrombin antibody (ab92621) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Liver (Human) Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 : Liver (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Liver (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : Plasma (Human) Total Protein Lysate
Lane 5 : Plasma (Mouse) Total Protein Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) at 1/50000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 70 kDa
Observed band size: 78 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 100 kDa, 60 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 5 seconds
This blot was produced using a 4-12% Bis-tris gel under the MOPS buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 50 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using 2% Bovine Serum Albumin before being incubated with ab92621 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-rabbit antibody conjugated to HRP, and visualised using ECL development solution ab133406.
ab92621 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Tougan T et al. The malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum in red blood cells selectively takes up serum proteins that affect host pathogenicity. Malar J 19:155 (2020). PubMed: 32295584
- Shan X et al. Edoxaban improves atrial fibrillation and thromboembolism through regulation of the Wnt-ß-induced PI3K/ATK-activated protein C system. Exp Ther Med 17:3509-3517 (2019). PubMed: 30988731
- Kobori T et al. Interleukin-18 Amplifies Macrophage Polarization and Morphological Alteration, Leading to Excessive Angiogenesis. Front Immunol 9:334 (2018). PubMed: 29559970
- Man-Kupisinska A et al. A New Ligand-Based Method for Purifying Active Human Plasma-Derived Ficolin-3 Complexes Supports the Phenomenon of Crosstalk between Pattern-Recognition Molecules and Immunoglobulins. PLoS One 11:e0156691 (2016). PubMed: 27232184
- Pan XY et al. Hirudin promotes angiogenesis by modulating the cross-talk between p38 MAPK and ERK in rat ischemic skin flap tissue. Tissue Cell 47:301-10 (2015). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 25958163
- Chen J et al. Antithrombin nanoparticles improve kidney reperfusion and protect kidney function after ischemia-reperfusion injury. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 308:F765-73 (2015). PubMed: 25651565
- Palekar RU et al. Quantifying progression and regression of thrombotic risk in experimental atherosclerosis. FASEB J 29:3100-9 (2015). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 25857553
- Rossnagl S et al. Blood clot formation does not affect metastasis formation or tumor growth in a murine model of breast cancer. PLoS One 9:e94922 (2014). ICC/IF ; Mouse, Human . PubMed: 24740307