Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Thrombospondin 1
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Thrombospondin 1 antibody
See all Thrombospondin 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Thrombospondin 1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Thrombospondin 1 (internal sequence). Rabbit polyclonal THBS1 antibody was raised against a peptide between the 700-800 aa residues of human THBS1 protein.
Database link: NM_003246
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab93653 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionAdhesive glycoprotein that mediates cell-to-cell and cell-to-matrix interactions. Binds heparin. May play a role in dentinogenesis and/or maintenance of dentin and dental pulp (By similarity). Ligand for CD36 mediating antiangiogenic properties. Plays a role in ER stress response, via its interaction with the activating transcription factor 6 alpha (ATF6) which produces adaptive ER stress response factors.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the thrombospondin family.
Contains 2 EGF-like domains.
Contains 1 laminin G-like domain.
Contains 1 TSP C-terminal (TSPC) domain.
Contains 3 TSP type-1 domains.
Contains 8 TSP type-3 repeats.
Contains 1 VWFC domain.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum. Sarcoplasmic reticulum.
- Information by UniProt
- Thbs1 antibody
- Thrombospondin-1 antibody
- TSP antibody
ab93653 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Qu S et al. MicroRNA-194 reduces inflammatory response and human dermal microvascular endothelial cells permeability through suppression of TGF-ß/SMAD pathway by inhibiting THBS1 in chronic idiopathic urticaria. J Cell Biochem 121:111-124 (2020). PubMed: 31190349
- Gao L et al. CD47 deficiency in tumor stroma promotes tumor progression by enhancing angiogenesis. Oncotarget 8:22406-22413 (2017). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 27283989