Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [A6.1] to Thrombospondin
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, IP, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Horse, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Thrombospondin antibody [A6.1]
See all Thrombospondin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [A6.1] to Thrombospondin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, IP, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Horse, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig
BALB/C mice were injected with reduced and alkylated purified human TSP (fully denatured) from the supernatant of thrombin-activated platelets.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1823 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 1-2µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionAdhesive glycoprotein that mediates cell-to-cell and cell-to-matrix interactions.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the thrombospondin family.
Contains 3 EGF-like domains.
Contains 1 TSP C-terminal (TSPC) domain.
Contains 1 TSP N-terminal (TSPN) domain.
Contains 3 TSP type-1 domains.
Contains 8 TSP type-3 repeats.
Contains 1 VWFC domain.
- Information by UniProt
- THBS 1 antibody
- THBS antibody
- Thbs1 antibody
Immunohistochemical analsysis of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded human placenta, labeling Thrombospondin with ab1823.
Overlay histogram showing PC12 cells stained with ab1823 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab1823, 2µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in PC12 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
ab1823 staining Thrombospondin in a primary culture of rat astrocytes by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.3% Triton and blocked with 3% BSA for 15 minutes at 20°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/50: 3% BSA; PBS) for 30 minutes at 20°C. A Cy3®-conjugated-Donkey polyclonal to mouse IgG (1/500) was used as secondary antibody.
ICC/IF image of ab1823 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab1823, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab1823 at a 1/25 dilution staining human Glioblastoma Multiform tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Following heat mediated antigen retrieval the tissue was stained with the antibody for 1 hour. Bound antibody was detected using biotin anti-mouse probe .
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Francisca Wu on 14 March 2006.
ab1823 has been referenced in 46 publications.
- Qu S et al. MicroRNA-194 reduces inflammatory response and human dermal microvascular endothelial cells permeability through suppression of TGF-ß/SMAD pathway by inhibiting THBS1 in chronic idiopathic urticaria. J Cell Biochem 121:111-124 (2020). PubMed: 31190349
- Semba S et al. Synthetic PAMPS gel induces chondrogenic differentiation of ATDC5 cells via a novel protein reservoir function. J Biomed Mater Res A N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32496623
- Wang TY et al. Maggot excretions/secretions promote diabetic wound angiogenesis via miR18a/19a - TSP-1 axis. Diabetes Res Clin Pract 165:108140 (2020). PubMed: 32277954
- Zhang Y et al. MicroRNA-326 Inhibits Apoptosis and Promotes Proliferation of Dopaminergic Neurons in Parkinson's Disease Through Suppression of KLK7-Mediated MAPK Signaling Pathway. J Mol Neurosci 69:197-214 (2019). PubMed: 31270675
- Walewska E et al. The Interaction Between Nodal, Hypoxia-Inducible Factor 1 Alpha, and Thrombospondin 1 Promotes Luteolysis in Equine Corpus Luteum. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 10:667 (2019). PubMed: 31632347