Key features and details
- Sensitivity: 10.54 pg/ml
- Range: 13.7 pg/ml - 10000 pg/ml
- Sample type: Hep Plasma, Saliva, Serum, Tissue Culture Media, Urine
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Competitive
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameThromboxane B2 ELISA Kit
Intra-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Low 24 759pg/ml = 3.6% Medium 24 1283pg/ml = 4% High 24 2605pg/ml = 1.6% Inter-assay Sample n Mean SD CV% Low 8 44pg/ml = 7.6% Medium 8 371pg/ml = 3.6% High 8 3053pg/ml = 6.2%
Sample typeSaliva, Urine, Serum, Tissue Culture Media, Hep Plasma
Sensitivity= 10.54 pg/ml
Range13.7 pg/ml - 10000 pg/ml
Sample specific recovery Sample type Average % Range Saliva = 98.3 % - % Urine = 102.2 % - % Serum = 113 % - % Tissue Culture Media = 104.7 % - % Hep Plasma = 111 % - %
Assay time3h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other species
Abcam’s Thromboxane B2 (TXB2) in vitro competitive ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for the accurate quantitative measurement of Thromboxane B2 in biological fluids.
A goat anti-rabbit IgG antibody has been precoated onto 96-well plates. Standards or test samples are added to the wells, along with an alkaline phosphatase (AP) conjugated-TXB2 antigen and a rabbit polyclonal antibody specific to TXB2. After incubation the excess reagents are washed away and pNpp substrate is added. After a short incubation the enzyme reaction is stopped and a yellow color is generated. The intensity of the yellow coloration is inversely proportional to the amount of TXB2 captured in the plate.
Thromboxane A2 (TXA2) is involved in platelet aggregation, vasoconstriction and reproductive functions, but has a half life of only 37 seconds under physiological conditions. Thromboxane B2 (TXB2) is the stable product of the non-enzymatic hydration of TXA2, thus the production of TXA2 in vivo is typically monitored by measurement of TXB2 and its metabolite 2,3-dinor TXB2. 11-dehydro-TXB2 is a major metabolite of Thromboxane B2 (TXB2) found in urine and plasma produced by its dehydrogenation by the enzyme 11-OH-dehydrogenase.
Compound Cross Reactivity TXB2 100% 2,3-dinorTXB2 7.1% 11-dehydro TXB2 0.4% 6-keto-PGF1α 0.23% PGD2 <0.1% PGE2 <0.1% PGF1α <0.1% PGF2α <0.1%
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 27ml Assay Buffer 1 x 27ml Goat anti-rabbit IgG Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Plate Sealer 1 unit pNpp Substrate 1 x 20ml Rabbit Polyclonal Thromboxane B2 Antibody 1 x 5ml Stop Solution 1 x 5ml Thromboxane B2 Alkaline Phosphatase Conjugate 1 x 5ml Thromboxane B2 Standard 1 x 500µl
- T box 2
- T box transcription factor TBX2
- T-box protein 2
ab133022 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Zhang Y et al. Is it safe to take Radix Salvia Miltiorrhiza - Radix Pueraria Lobate product with warfarin and aspirin? A pilot study in healthy human subjects. J Ethnopharmacol 262:113151 (2020). PubMed: 32736050
- Panova-Noeva M et al. Comprehensive platelet phenotyping supports the role of platelets in the pathogenesis of acute venous thromboembolism - results from clinical observation studies. EBioMedicine 60:102978 (2020). PubMed: 32920367
- Ahmad AA et al. Sex differences in the role of phospholipase A2 -dependent arachidonic acid pathway in the perivascular adipose tissue function in pigs. J Physiol 595:6623-6634 (2017). PubMed: 28877347