Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Thromboxane synthase
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Thromboxane synthase antibody
See all Thromboxane synthase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Thromboxane synthase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Pig
Predicted to work with: Cynomolgus monkey
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 50% Glycerol, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab39362 is an affinity purified IgG
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39362 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500. Detects a band of approximately 54 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 61 kDa).|
Tissue specificityPlatelets, lung, kidney, spleen, macrophages and lung fibroblasts.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TBXAS1 are the cause of Ghosal hematodiaphyseal dysplasia (GHDD) [MIM:231095]. GHDD is a rare autosomal recessive disorder characterized by increased bone density with predominant diaphyseal involvement and aregenerative corticosteroid-sensitive anemia. Aregenerative anemia is characterized by bone marrow failure, so that functional marrow cells are regenerated slowly or not at all.
Defects in TBXAS1 are the cause of thromboxane synthetase deficiency (TBXAS1 deficiency) [MIM:274180]. It is characterized by hemorrhagic diathesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cytochrome P450 family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- BDPLT14 antibody
- CYP5 antibody
- CYP5A1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Thromboxane synthase antibody (ab39362) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human spleen tissue lysate - total protein (ab29699)
Lane 2 : WI38 (Human lung fibroblast cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 61 kDa
Observed band size: 54 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 21 kDa, 36 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 8 minutes
ab39362 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Pai CH et al. Lack of Thromboxane Synthase Prevents Hypertension and Fetal Growth Restriction after High Salt Treatment during Pregnancy. PLoS One 11:e0151617 (2016). IHC . PubMed: 26974824
- Font-Nieves M et al. Induction of COX-2 Enzyme and Down-regulation of COX-1 Expression by Lipopolysaccharide (LPS) Control Prostaglandin E2 Production in Astrocytes. J Biol Chem 287:6454-68 (2012). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 22219191
- Chu LM et al. Effects of cyclooxygenase inhibition on cardiovascular function in a hypercholesterolemic swine model of chronic ischemia. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 302:H479-88 (2012). WB ; Pig . PubMed: 22037194
- Feng J et al. Thromboxane-induced contractile response of human coronary arterioles is diminished after cardioplegic arrest. Ann Thorac Surg 92:829-36 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21871266
- Carter PR et al. Thromboxane-prostanoid receptor expression and antagonism in dextran-sodium sulfate-induced colitis. Inflamm Res 60:87-92 (2011). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 20694740
- Shoeb M et al. Inhibition of aldose reductase prevents endotoxin-induced inflammation by regulating the arachidonic acid pathway in murine macrophages. Free Radic Biol Med 51:1686-96 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21856412
- Hansen AH et al. Exercise training alters the balance between vasoactive compounds in skeletal muscle of individuals with essential hypertension. Hypertension 58:943-9 (2011). PubMed: 21896936
- Wright WS et al. Expression of thromboxane synthase and the thromboxane-prostanoid receptor in the mouse and rat retina. Exp Eye Res 89:532-7 (2009). IHC-P ; Mouse, Rat . PubMed: 19523949