Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3193] to Thymidine Kinase 1/TK1
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P, Flow Cyt
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Thymidine Kinase 1/TK1 antibody [EPR3193]
See all Thymidine Kinase 1/TK1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3193] to Thymidine Kinase 1/TK1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Thymidine Kinase 1/TK1 aa 1-100. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: Molt-4 cell lysate; IHC-P: human tonsil tissue.
Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product was previously labelled as Thymidine Kinase 1
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76495 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000 - 1/50000. Detects a band of approximately 25 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the thymidine kinase family.
modificationsPhosphorylated on Ser-13 in mitosis.
- Information by UniProt
- cytosolic antibody
- KITH_HUMAN antibody
- Thymidine kinase 1 antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: TK1 knockout HAP1 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: Jurkat whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: MOLT4 whole cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab76495 observed at 25 kDa. Red - loading control, ab8245, observed at 37 kDa.
ab76495 was shown to specifically react with TK1 in wildtype HAP1 cells. No band was observed when TK1 knockout samples were examined. Wild-type and TK1 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Ab76495 and ab8245 (Mouse anti GAPDH loading control) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1/5000 dilution and 1/10,000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preabsorbed ab216773 and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preabsorbed ab216776 secondary antibodies at 1/20,000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin-embedded human tonsils using 1/100 ab76495
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with EDTA buffer pH 9 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab76495 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab76495, 1/50 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
Anti-Thymidine Kinase 1/TK1 antibody [EPR3193] (ab76495) at 1/50000 dilution + Molt-4
cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Observed band size: 25 kDa
ab76495 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Velazquez EJ et al. Novel monoclonal antibodies against thymidine kinase 1 and their potential use for the immunotargeting of lung, breast and colon cancer cells. Cancer Cell Int 20:127 (2020). PubMed: 32317865
- Mori R et al. The inhibition of thymidine phosphorylase can reverse acquired 5FU-resistance in gastric cancer cells. Gastric Cancer 22:497-505 (2019). PubMed: 30276573
- Levin M et al. Surmounting Cytarabine-resistance in acute myeloblastic leukemia cells and specimens with a synergistic combination of hydroxyurea and azidothymidine. Cell Death Dis 10:390 (2019). PubMed: 31101804
- Foloppe J et al. The Enhanced Tumor Specificity of TG6002, an Armed Oncolytic Vaccinia Virus Deleted in Two Genes Involved in Nucleotide Metabolism. Mol Ther Oncolytics 14:1-14 (2019). PubMed: 31011628
- Lopez-Gomez C et al. Bioavailability and cytosolic kinases modulate response to deoxynucleoside therapy in TK2 deficiency. EBioMedicine 46:356-367 (2019). PubMed: 31383553