Key features and details
- Sheep polyclonal to Thymidylate Synthase
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Escherichia coli, African green monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Thymidylate Synthase antibody
See all Thymidylate Synthase primary antibodies
DescriptionSheep polyclonal to Thymidylate Synthase
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Escherichia coli, African green monkey
Does not react with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Recombinant human Thymidylate Synthase (36 kDa) produced in E.coli.
- HeLa cells treated with the TS inhibitor 5-FUdR
General notesThe antibody recognizes the expected additional band corresponding to the ternary complex of human TS-dFUMP-reduced folate in HeLa cells treated with the TS inhibitor 5-FUdR. This event occurs in most human breast, colorectal, gastric, head and neck carcinomas. The antibody recognizes 36 kDa human TS.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7398 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 37 kDa.|
FunctionContributes to the de novo mitochondrial thymidylate biosynthesis pathway.
PathwayPyrimidine metabolism; dTTP biosynthesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the thymidylate synthase family.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Mitochondrion. Mitochondrion matrix. Mitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- d TMP synthase antibody
- EC 220.127.116.11 antibody
- HsT422 antibody
ab7398 is shown to detect thymidylate synthase present in a HeLa cell extract. Each lane is estimated to contain 4 µg of protein. Lanes 1, 2 and 3 represent 1/2000, 1/5000 and 1/10000 fold dilutions of the antibody. Detection was made using HRP Rabbit-a-Sheep IgG diluted 1/1000 and color development using TMB substrate for approximately 4'.
ab7398 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhang L et al. Disrupted folate metabolism with anesthesia leads to myelination deficits mediated by epigenetic regulation of ERMN. EBioMedicine 43:473-486 (2019). PubMed: 31060905
- Gu YJ et al. GRP78 confers the resistance to 5-FU by activating the c-Src/LSF/TS axis in hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget 6:33658-74 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26378040
- MacFarlane AJ et al. Azoxymethane-induced colon carcinogenesis in mice occurs independently of de novo thymidylate synthesis capacity. J Nutr 144:419-24 (2014). PubMed: 24500934
- Macfarlane AJ et al. Nuclear localization of de novo thymidylate biosynthesis pathway is required to prevent uracil accumulation in DNA. J Biol Chem 286:44015-22 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 22057276
- Gay S et al. Nucleotide supply, not local histone acetylation, sets replication origin usage in transcribed regions. EMBO Rep 11:698-704 (2010). WB ; Chinese hamster . PubMed: 20671737
- Fox JT et al. A UV-responsive internal ribosome entry site enhances serine hydroxymethyltransferase 1 expression for DNA damage repair. J Biol Chem 284:31097-108 (2009). WB, IP ; Human . PubMed: 19734144
- Woeller CF et al. Evidence for small ubiquitin-like modifier-dependent nuclear import of the thymidylate biosynthesis pathway. J Biol Chem 282:17623-31 (2007). PubMed: 17446168