Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR4545] to Thymidylate Synthase
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-Thymidylate Synthase antibody [EPR4545]
See all Thymidylate Synthase primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR4545] to Thymidylate Synthase
SpecificityThe mouse and rat recommendation is based on the WB results. We do not guarantee IHC-P for mouse and rat.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Thymidylate Synthase aa 300 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P04818
- HeLa, Jurkat, HL60 and MCF7 cell lysates; Human ovary carcinoma and colon carcinoma tissue.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, PBS, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Anti-Thymidylate Synthase antibody [EPR4545] (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab197898)
- Anti-Thymidylate Synthase antibody [EPR4545] (Alexa Fluor® 647) (ab197899)
- Anti-Thymidylate Synthase antibody [EPR4545] (APC) (ab225091)
- Anti-Thymidylate Synthase antibody [EPR4545] (PE) (ab225092)
- Anti-Thymidylate Synthase antibody [EPR4545] - BSA and Azide free (ab232021)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108995 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa.|
|IP||1/10 - 1/100.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Heat up to 98°C, below boiling, and then let cool for 10-20 minutes.
The mouse and rat recommendation is based on the WB results. We do not guarantee IHC-P for mouse and rat.
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
FunctionContributes to the de novo mitochondrial thymidylate biosynthesis pathway.
PathwayPyrimidine metabolism; dTTP biosynthesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the thymidylate synthase family.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Mitochondrion. Mitochondrion matrix. Mitochondrion inner membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- d TMP synthase antibody
- EC 220.127.116.11 antibody
- HsT422 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Thymidylate Synthase antibody [EPR4545] (ab108995) at 1/10000 dilution (purified)
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human cervix adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysates
Lane 2 : Jurkat (Human T cell leukemia T lymphocyte) whole cell lysates
Lane 3 : C6 (Rat glial tumor glial cell) whole cell lysates
Lane 4 : RAW 264.7 (Mouse Abelson murine leukemia virus-induced tumor macrophage) whole cell lysates
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Blocking and diluting buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
ab108995 (purified) at 1:30 dilution (2μg) immunoprecipitating Thymidylate Synthase in Jurkat whole cell lysate.
Lane 1 (input): Jurkat (Human T cell leukemia T lymphocyte) whole cell lysate,10μg
Lane 2 (+): ab108995 & Jurkat whole cell lysate
Lane 3 (-): Rabbit monoclonal IgG (ab172730) instead of ab108995 in Jurkat whole cell lysate
For western blotting, VeriBlot for IP Detection Reagent (HRP) (ab131366) was used for detection at 1:1000 dilution.
Blocking and diluting buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Flow Cytometry analysis of HeLa (Human cervix adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) cells labeling Thymidylate Synthase with purified ab108995 at 1:50 dilution (red). Cells were fixed with 4% Paraformaldehyde. A Goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor ® 488) secondary antibody was used at 1:2000 dilution. Isotype control - Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black). Unlabeled control - Cell without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue).
Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence analysis of Jurkat (Human T cell leukemia T lymphocyte) cells labeling Thymidylate Synthas with Purified ab108995 at 1:100 dilution. Cells were fixed in 4% Paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.1% tritonX-100 ab150077 Goat anti rabbit IgG(Alexa Fluor ® 488) was used as the secondary antibody at 1:1000 dilution. DAPI nuclear counterstain. PBS instead of the primary antibody was used as the secondary antibody only control.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human colon carcinoma tissue sections labeling Thymidylate Synthase with purified ab108995 at 1:100 dilution. Heat mediated antigen retrieval was performed using ab93684 (Tris/EDTA buffer, pH 9.0). Tissue was counterstained with hematoxylin. ImmunoHistoProbe one step HRP Polymer (ready to use) secondary antibody was used at 1:0 dilution. PBS instead of the primary antibody was used as the negative control.
All lanes : Anti-Thymidylate Synthase antibody [EPR4545] (ab108995) at 1/1000 dilution (unpurified)
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 3 : HL60 cell lysate
Lane 4 : MCF7 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Unpurified ab108995 at 1/50 dilution, staining Thymidylate Synthase in Human ovary carcinoma Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin-embedded tissue.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab108995 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Tao Q et al. Perineural Invasion and Postoperative Adjuvant Chemotherapy Efficacy in Patients With Gastric Cancer. Front Oncol 10:530 (2020). PubMed: 32373527
- Gong L et al. The mevalonate coordinates energy input and cell proliferation. Cell Death Dis 10:327 (2019). PubMed: 30975976
- Edahiro K et al. Thymidine Kinase 1 Loss Confers Trifluridine Resistance without Affecting 5-Fluorouracil Metabolism and Cytotoxicity. Mol Cancer Res 16:1483-1490 (2018). PubMed: 29866926
- Monica V et al. Dasatinib modulates sensitivity to pemetrexed in malignant pleural mesothelioma cell lines. Oncotarget 7:76577-76589 (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27391433
- Lund K et al. Slug-dependent upregulation of L1CAM is responsible for the increased invasion potential of pancreatic cancer cells following long-term 5-FU treatment. PLoS One 10:e0123684 (2015). WB . PubMed: 25860483
- Allen MD et al. Prognostic and therapeutic impact of argininosuccinate synthetase 1 control in bladder cancer as monitored longitudinally by PET imaging. Cancer Res 74:896-907 (2014). PubMed: 24285724
- Matsumoto Y et al. A phase II study of erlotinib monotherapy in pre-treated non-small cell lung cancer without EGFR gene mutation who have never/light smoking history: re-evaluation of EGFR gene status (NEJ006/TCOG0903). Lung Cancer 86:195-200 (2014). Human . PubMed: 25249428
- Lee SW et al. Overexpression of thymidylate synthetase confers an independent prognostic indicator in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Exp Mol Pathol 95:83-90 (2013). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 23726796