For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
If you continue without changing your cookie settings, we'll assume you’re happy with this.
Dear Technical Team,
Hope this e-mail finds you well!
Please find below a complaint from one of our customerto whom we suppliedantibody having cat no ab111547.
The technical formis alsoattachedwith this mail.
Request you to kindly look into it & advise us accordingly to do further needful on it.
Looking forward towards your valued reply/ comments on it.
Thankingyou in advance.
With Best Regards,
THIS ANTIBODY -Anti-TIE1 antibody (ab111547) IS NOT WORKING IN SPITE OF TRYING ON DIFFERENT TISSUES AND DILUTIONS.
KINDLY REPLACE THE SAME ASAP AS OUR RESEARCH WORK IS STALLED BECAUSE OF THIS.
Please find enclosed form for replacement of TLE-1 antibody at AIIMS Neuropath
Asked on Jan 17 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete our questionnaire and contact us. I am sorry to hear you have had difficulty obtaining satisfactory results from this antibody.
The details you have kindly provided will enable us to investigate this case for you and also gives us vital information for our monitoring of product quality
I appreciate the time you have spent in the laboratory and understand your concerns. It is regrettable the results have not been successful. Before deciding how to proceed with this particular case, I would like to offer some suggestions to help optimize the results. I would also appreciate if you can confirm some details which will help our investigations.
1. Please confirm which type of tissues have been tested? From what species?
2. The primary antibody ab111547 is a rabbit polyclonal. I would suggest that the anti mouse secondarywill notwork with this. It will require an anti-rabbit secondary antibody.
3. Try the antibody at a lower concentration of 1:500 to help reduce any background.
4. As this protein is nuclear, I can suggest to consider including a permeabilization step. For example try 0.2% Triton for 10 minutes.
5. I can suggest to include a gentle detergent such as Tween 20 in the wash buffer. This will help to wash away any excess antibody. This can also be included in the antibody dilution buffer.
6. How long was the antigen retrieval? Where different time points tested in order to help optimize the results?
7. Was a blocking step with a blocking agent such as 5-10% BSA or serum used?
In the event that a product is not functioning in the applications cited on the product data sheet (and the problem has been reported within 6 months of purchase), we will be pleased to provide a credit note, free of charge replacement or refund.
I hope this information is helpful, thank you for your cooperation. Should the suggestions not improve the results, please do not hesitate to contact me again with the further requested details.
Answered on Jan 17 2012