Product nameAnti-TIGAR antibody
See all TIGAR primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TIGAR
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Recombinant Human TIGAR protein (ab115509) can be used as a positive control in WB. This antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) HEK 293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) MCF-7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab37910 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/250. Detects a band of approximately 30 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 30 kDa).|
FunctionProbable fructose-biphosphatase. Lowers cellular levels of fructose 2,6-bisphosphate. Protects cells against reactive oxygen species and against apoptosis induced by p53/TP53.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the phosphoglycerate mutase family.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
- Information by UniProt
- 6-bisphosphatase TIGAR antibody
- C12ORF5 antibody
- chromosome 12 open reading frame 5 antibody
ICC/IF image of ab37910 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) then permeabilised using 0.1% PBS-Triton and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to further permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab37910 at 1µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (pseudo-colored green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab150081) IgG (H+L) preadsorbed, used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (pseudo-colored red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h at room temperature. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (pseudo-colored blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM for 1hour at room temperature.
All lanes : Anti-TIGAR antibody (ab37910) at 1/250 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 :
Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899)
Lane 3 :
A431 whole cell lysate (ab7909)
Lane 4 :
HEK293 whole cell lysate (ab7902)
Lane 5 :
HepG2 whole cell lysate (ab7900)
Lane 6 : MCF-7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 30 kDa
Observed band size: 30 kDa
ab37910 staining human adrenal tissue sections by IHC-P. Sections were PFA fixed and subjected to heat mediated antigen retrieval in citrate buffer (pH 6) prior to blocking in 10% serum for 1 hour at 25°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/200 and incubated with the sample for 1 hour at 25°C. A biotinylated goat anti-rabbit antibody diluted 1/400 was used as the secondary.
This product has been referenced in:
- Wang CK et al. Melatonin ameliorates hypoglycemic stress-induced brain endothelial tight junction injury by inhibiting protein nitration of TP53-induced glycolysis and apoptosis regulator. J Pineal Res 63:N/A (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28776759) »
- Rajeshkumar NV et al. Therapeutic Targeting of the Warburg Effect in Pancreatic Cancer Relies on an Absence of p53 Function. Cancer Res 75:3355-64 (2015). Read more (PubMed: 26113084) »