Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TIM 4
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TIM 4 antibody
See all TIM 4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TIM 4
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human TIM 4 (internal sequence). A 16 aminoacid synthetic peptide from near the center of human TIM 4
Database link: Q96H15
- Jurkat whole cell lysate (ab7899)
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47637 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 - 20 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
FunctionPhosphatidylserine receptor that enhances the engulfment of apoptotic cells. Involved in regulating T-cell proliferation and lymphotoxin signaling. Ligand for HAVCR1/TIMD1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. TIM family.
Contains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
DomainRecognizes phosphatidyl serine via its immunoglobulin domain.
- Information by UniProt
- SMUCKLER antibody
- Spleen, mucin-containing, knockout of lymphotoxin protein antibody
- T cell immunoglobulin and mucin domain containing protein 4 antibody
Western Blot of RAW264.7 cell lysate labeling TIM 4 with Anti-TIM 4 antibody (ab47637) at 2µg/ml in (1) the absence and (2) the presence of blocking peptide.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) of mouse liver tissue staining TIM 4 with ab47637 at 2µg/ml
Lane 1 : Anti-TIM 4 antibody (ab47637) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-TIM 4 antibody (ab47637) at 2 µg/ml
All lanes : Jurkat cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 42 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 27 kDa, 30 kDa, 75 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab47637 at 10µg/ml staining TIM 4 in Jurkat cells by ICC/IF
Immunofluorescence of TIM-4 in Jurkat cells using ab47637 at 20 ug/ml.
ab47637 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Zhang Y et al. Hepatic Ischemic Preconditioning Alleviates Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury by Decreasing TIM4 Expression. Int J Biol Sci 14:1186-1195 (2018). PubMed: 30123068
- Mukherjee S et al. Boosting efferocytosis in alveolar space using BCG vaccine to protect host against influenza pneumonia. PLoS One 12:e0180143 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28686604
- Park SY et al. Stabilin-2 modulates the efficiency of myoblast fusion during myogenic differentiation and muscle regeneration. Nat Commun 7:10871 (2016). PubMed: 26972991
- Zhang Q et al. TIM-4 promotes the growth of non-small-cell lung cancer in a RGD motif-dependent manner. Br J Cancer 113:1484-92 (2015). PubMed: 26512878
- Kim HS et al. T cell Ig domain and mucin domain 1 engagement on invariant NKT cells in the presence of TCR stimulation enhances IL-4 production but inhibits IFN-gamma production. J Immunol 184:4095-106 (2010). Flow Cyt ; Mouse . PubMed: 20220086
- Xu L et al. T cell immunoglobulin- and mucin-domain-containing molecule-4 attenuates concanavalin A-induced hepatitis by regulating macrophage. J Leukoc Biol 88:329-36 (2010). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 20453106