Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR9973] to TIM22
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-TIM22 antibody [EPR9973]
See all TIM22 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR9973] to TIM22
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF,IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human TIM22.
Database link: Q9Y584
- A673, T47D, A431 and BxPC-3 cell lysates
This product was previously labelled as TIMM22
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab167423 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 20 kDa.|
RelevanceTIMM22 is an essential core component of the TIM22 protein insertion complex, a complex that mediates the import and insertion of multi-pass transmembrane proteins into the mitochondrial inner membrane. In the TIM22 complex, it constitutes the voltage-activated, signal-gated hydrophilic high-conductance channel. It forms a twin-pore translocase that uses the membrane potential as an external driving force in 2 voltage-dependent steps.
Cellular localizationMitochondrion inner membrane; Multi-pass membrane protein.
- Mitochondrial import inner membrane translocase subunit Tim22 antibody
- Putative membrane protein antibody
- Testis expressed sequence 4 antibody
All lanes : Anti-TIM22 antibody [EPR9973] (ab167423) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : A673 cell lysate
Lane 2 : T47D cell lysate
Lane 3 : A431 cell lysate
Lane 4 : BxPC-3 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : goat anti-rabbit HRP antibody at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 20 kDa
ab167423 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Okuyama K et al. Mieap-induced accumulation of lysosomes within mitochondria (MALM) regulates gastric cancer cell invasion under hypoxia by suppressing reactive oxygen species accumulation. Sci Rep 9:2822 (2019). PubMed: 30808977
- Thompson K et al. Recurrent De Novo Dominant Mutations in SLC25A4 Cause Severe Early-Onset Mitochondrial Disease and Loss of Mitochondrial DNA Copy Number. Am J Hum Genet 99:860-876 (2016). PubMed: 27693233