Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Timeless
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Timeless antibody
See all Timeless primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Timeless
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide (Human) corresponding to a region between residues 1170 and the C-terminus (residue 1208) of Timeless. (NP_003911.1)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72458 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 139, 160 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 139 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionRequired for normal progression of S-phase. Involved in the circadian rhythm autoregulatory loop. Negatively regulates CLOCK-NPAS2/BMAL1-induced transactivation of PER1 possibly via translocation of PER1 into the nucleus. Promotes TIPIN nuclear localiZation. Involved in cell survival after DNA damage or replication stress. May be specifically required for the ATR-CHK1 pathway in the replication checkpoint induced by hydroxyurea or ultraviolet light. May also play an important role in epithelial cell morphogenesis and formation of branching tubules.
Tissue specificityExpressed in all tissues examined including brain, heart, lung, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney, placenta, pancreas, spleen, thymus and testis. Highest levels of expression in placenta, pancreas, thymus and testis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the timeless family.
- Information by UniProt
- FLJ12640 antibody
- FLJ20714 antibody
- hTIM antibody
HeLa whole cell lysate, (1 mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded) with ab 72458 used for IP at 3 µg/mg lysate, and for subsequent WB at 0.1 µg/ml.
Detection: Chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 3 seconds.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human breast carcinoma tissue labelling Timeless with ab72458 at 1/200 (1µg/ml). Detection: DAB
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human breast carcinoma tissue labelling Timeless with ab72458 at 1/400 (0.5µg/ml). A DyLight® 594-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (1/100) was used as the secondary antibody.
All lanes : Anti-Timeless antibody (ab72458) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 139 kDa
Observed band size: 139 kDa
Additional bands at: 160 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
IHC image of ab72458 staining Timeless in Human Tonsil formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab72458, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab72458 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Parascandolo A et al. Effect of naive and cancer-educated fibroblasts on colon cancer cell circadian growth rhythm. Cell Death Dis 11:289 (2020). PubMed: 32341349
- Cortone G et al. Interaction of the Warsaw breakage syndrome DNA helicase DDX11 with the replication fork-protection factor Timeless promotes sister chromatid cohesion. PLoS Genet 14:e1007622 (2018). PubMed: 30303954
- Calì F et al. Tim/Timeless, a member of the replication fork protection complex, operates with the Warsaw breakage syndrome DNA helicase DDX11 in the same fork recovery pathway. Nucleic Acids Res 44:705-17 (2016). IP . PubMed: 26503245
- Mazzoccoli G et al. Analysis of clock gene-miRNA correlation networks reveals candidate drivers in colorectal cancer. Oncotarget 7:45444-45461 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27323779
- Aria V et al. The human Tim-Tipin complex interacts directly with DNA polymerase epsilon and stimulates its synthetic activity. J Biol Chem 288:12742-52 (2013). IP ; Human . PubMed: 23511638