Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [2A5] to TIMP1
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-TIMP1 antibody [2A5]
See all TIMP1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [2A5] to TIMP1
SpecificityThis monoclonal antibody binds to human TIMP-1. The antibody was tested for cross-reactivity with TIMP-2 and did not cross-react.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit
- Recombinant human TIMP1 protein (ab82104) can be used as a positive control in WB. Colon carcinoma.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2464 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionComplexes with metalloproteinases (such as collagenases) and irreversibly inactivates them by binding to their catalytic zinc cofactor. Also mediates erythropoiesis in vitro; but, unlike IL-3, it is species-specific, stimulating the growth and differentiation of only human and murine erythroid progenitors. Known to act on MMP-1, MMP-2, MMP-3, MMP-7, MMP-8, MMP-9, MMP-10, MMP-11, MMP-12, MMP-13 and MMP-16. Does not act on MMP-14.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I35 (TIMP) family.
Contains 1 NTR domain.
modificationsThe activity of TIMP1 is dependent on the presence of disulfide bonds.
- Information by UniProt
- Clgi antibody
- Collagenase inhibitor antibody
- Collagenase inhibitor, Human antibody
ab2464 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Rong X et al. Antler stem cells as a novel stem cell source for reducing liver fibrosis. Cell Tissue Res 379:195-206 (2020). PubMed: 31428875
- Konno R et al. Gene expression profiling of the rat endometriosis model. Am J Reprod Immunol 58:330-43 (2007). PubMed: 17845203
- Murray GI et al. Matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in gastric cancer. Gut 43:791-7 (1998). PubMed: 9824606