Product nameAnti-TIMP1 antibody
See all TIMP1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TIMP1
SpecificityThis antibody has been used successfuly in mouse tissue in a publication, however our WB testing data shows non-reactivity to mouse and we can not guarantee reactivity with mouse.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide derived from the internal region of human TIMP1.
- 293 cell extract, or rat brain lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab61224 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 23 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 23 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21133852
ab171870 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21133852|
FunctionComplexes with metalloproteinases (such as collagenases) and irreversibly inactivates them by binding to their catalytic zinc cofactor. Also mediates erythropoiesis in vitro; but, unlike IL-3, it is species-specific, stimulating the growth and differentiation of only human and murine erythroid progenitors. Known to act on MMP-1, MMP-2, MMP-3, MMP-7, MMP-8, MMP-9, MMP-10, MMP-11, MMP-12, MMP-13 and MMP-16. Does not act on MMP-14.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I35 (TIMP) family.
Contains 1 NTR domain.
modificationsThe activity of TIMP1 is dependent on the presence of disulfide bonds.
- Information by UniProt
- Clgi antibody
- Collagenase inhibitor antibody
- Collagenase inhibitor, Human antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- El-Agamy DS et al. Pristimerin protects against doxorubicin-induced cardiotoxicity and fibrosis through modulation of Nrf2 and MAPK/NF-kB signaling pathways. Cancer Manag Res 11:47-61 (2019). Read more (PubMed: 30588110) »
- Hu S et al. Antifertility effectiveness of a novel copper-containing intrauterine device material and its influence on the endometrial environment in rats. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl 89:444-455 (2018). Read more (PubMed: 29752117) »