Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TIMP1 - Carboxyterminal end
- Suitable for: WB, Sandwich ELISA
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TIMP1 antibody - Carboxyterminal end
See all TIMP1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TIMP1 - Carboxyterminal end
SpecificityThis antibody recognizes both reduced and non reduced TIMP1 protein, but does not cross react with other TIMP family members (TIMP2, TIMP3, TIMP4).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Sandwich ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide based on the carboxyterminal region of human TIMP1.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab38978 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 29 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 23 kDa). Recommended starting dilution of 1/1000 when using colorimetric substrates such as BCIP/NBT and 1/5000 for chemiluminescent substrates. Detects a band of approximately 29 kDa when used against the reduced protein. Higher concentration of antibody may be needed for non human samples. Dilution optimised using Chromogenic detection.|
|Sandwich ELISA||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml.
For sandwich ELISA, use this antibody as Detection at 0.5µg/ml with ab28261 as Capture.
FunctionComplexes with metalloproteinases (such as collagenases) and irreversibly inactivates them by binding to their catalytic zinc cofactor. Also mediates erythropoiesis in vitro; but, unlike IL-3, it is species-specific, stimulating the growth and differentiation of only human and murine erythroid progenitors. Known to act on MMP-1, MMP-2, MMP-3, MMP-7, MMP-8, MMP-9, MMP-10, MMP-11, MMP-12, MMP-13 and MMP-16. Does not act on MMP-14.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I35 (TIMP) family.
Contains 1 NTR domain.
modificationsThe activity of TIMP1 is dependent on the presence of disulfide bonds.
- Information by UniProt
- Clgi antibody
- Collagenase inhibitor antibody
- Collagenase inhibitor, Human antibody
All lanes : Anti-TIMP1 antibody - Carboxyterminal end (ab38978) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human TIMP1
Lane 2 : Cell media from human chondrosarcoma (no treatment)
Lane 3 : Cell media from human chondrosarcoma (treated with TPA)
Predicted band size: 23 kDa
Observed band size: 29 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Standard curve for TIMP1 (Analyte: ab82104); dilution range 1pg/ml to 1µg/ml using Capture Antibody Mouse monoclonal [2E7.1] to TIMP1 (ab28261) at 1µg/ml and Detector Antibody Rabbit polyclonal to TIMP1 - Carboxyterminal end (ab38978) at 0.5µg/ml.
Each lane corresponds to a distinct lung adenocarcinoma patient sample. The primary antibody was used at 1/3000 dilution. 10µg/ml lysate has been added per lane. A sheep anti-rabbit monoclonal conjugated to HRP was used as the secondary antibody at 1/10,000 dilution.
Detection method used was Western Lightning. 3 minutes. Performed under reducing conditions.
Samples blocked using 5% BSA for 1 hour at 25°C.
Non-specific band at 27kDa is thought to be Ig light chain.
ab38978 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Chen X et al. Circular RNA circFBXW4 suppresses hepatic fibrosis via targeting the miR-18b-3p/FBXW7 axis. Theranostics 10:4851-4870 (2020). PubMed: 32308754
- Solé M et al. Blood-brain barrier dysfunction underlying Alzheimer's disease is induced by an SSAO/VAP-1-dependent cerebrovascular activation with enhanced Aß deposition. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31047972
- Miranda-Silva D et al. Characterization of biventricular alterations in myocardial (reverse) remodelling in aortic banding-induced chronic pressure overload. Sci Rep 9:2956 (2019). PubMed: 30814653
- Zhang Z et al. Knockdown of lncRNA PVT1 Inhibits Vascular Smooth Muscle Cell Apoptosis and Extracellular Matrix Disruption in a Murine Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm Model. Mol Cells 42:218-227 (2019). PubMed: 30726659
- Ortega R et al. SGLT-2 (Sodium-Glucose Cotransporter 2) Inhibition Reduces Ang II (Angiotensin II)-Induced Dissecting Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm in ApoE (Apolipoprotein E) Knockout Mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 39:1614-1628 (2019). PubMed: 31294626