Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [RM0136-6A34] to TIMP1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG2
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesThe IgG fraction of culture supernatant was purified by protein A/G affinity chromatography and 0.2µm filtered.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab86482 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 23 kDa.|
FunctionComplexes with metalloproteinases (such as collagenases) and irreversibly inactivates them by binding to their catalytic zinc cofactor. Also mediates erythropoiesis in vitro; but, unlike IL-3, it is species-specific, stimulating the growth and differentiation of only human and murine erythroid progenitors. Known to act on MMP-1, MMP-2, MMP-3, MMP-7, MMP-8, MMP-9, MMP-10, MMP-11, MMP-12, MMP-13 and MMP-16. Does not act on MMP-14.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I35 (TIMP) family.
Contains 1 NTR domain.
modificationsThe activity of TIMP1 is dependent on the presence of disulfide bonds.
- Information by UniProt
- Clgi antibody
- Collagenase inhibitor antibody
- Collagenase inhibitor, Human antibody
ab86482 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Klepfish M et al. LOXL2 Inhibition Paves the Way for Macrophage-Mediated Collagen Degradation in Liver Fibrosis. Front Immunol 11:480 (2020). PubMed: 32296422
- Yan A et al. CD73 Promotes Glioblastoma Pathogenesis and Enhances Its Chemoresistance via A2B Adenosine Receptor Signaling. J Neurosci 39:4387-4402 (2019). PubMed: 30926752
- Du M et al. Nkx2-5 Is Expressed in Atherosclerotic Plaques and Attenuates Development of Atherosclerosis in Apolipoprotein E-Deficient Mice. J Am Heart Assoc 5:N/A (2016). PubMed: 27993833
- Delfín DA et al. Cardiomyopathy in the dystrophin/utrophin-deficient mouse model of severe muscular dystrophy is characterized by dysregulation of matrix metalloproteinases. Neuromuscul Disord 22:1006-14 (2012). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 22749475
- Duarte S et al. TIMP-1 deficiency leads to lethal partial hepatic ischemia and reperfusion injury. Hepatology 56:1074-85 (2012). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 22407827
- Doe JA et al. Transgenic overexpression of the a7 integrin reduces muscle pathology and improves viability in the dy(W) mouse model of merosin-deficient congenital muscular dystrophy type 1A. J Cell Sci 124:2287-97 (2011). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 21652631