Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TIMP2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TIMP2 antibody
See all TIMP2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TIMP2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Chinese hamster
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human TIMP2 aa 27-220. Mature protein.
CSCSPVHPQQAFCNADVVIRAKAVSEKEVDSGNDIYGNPIKRIQYEIKQI KMFKGPEKDIEFIYTAPSSAVCGVSLDVGGKKEYLIAGKAEGDGKMHITL CDFIVPWDTLSTTQKKSLNHRYQMGCECKITRCPMIPCYISSPDECLWMD WVTEKNINGHQAKFFACIKRSDGSCAWYRG AAPPKQEFLDIEDP
Database link: P16035
- SW480 cell line extract.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 49% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab180630 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa.|
FunctionComplexes with metalloproteinases (such as collagenases) and irreversibly inactivates them by binding to their catalytic zinc cofactor. Known to act on MMP-1, MMP-2, MMP-3, MMP-7, MMP-8, MMP-9, MMP-10, MMP-13, MMP-14, MMP-15, MMP-16 and MMP-19.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I35 (TIMP) family.
Contains 1 NTR domain.
modificationsThe activity of TIMP2 is dependent on the presence of disulfide bonds.
- Information by UniProt
- CSC 21K antibody
- CSC-21K antibody
- CSC21K antibody
ab180630 has been referenced in 31 publications.
- Yin S et al. MicroRNA-130a regulated by HPV18 E6 promotes proliferation and invasion of cervical cancer cells by targeting TIMP2. Exp Ther Med 17:2837-2846 (2019). PubMed: 30906471
- Zhang Y et al. Inhibition of miR-214 attenuates the migration and invasion of triple-negative breast cancer cells. Mol Med Rep 19:4035-4042 (2019). PubMed: 30942417
- Chen C & Shan H Keratin 6A gene silencing suppresses cell invasion and metastasis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma via the ß-catenin cascade. Mol Med Rep 19:3477-3484 (2019). PubMed: 30896882
- Zhu ZD et al. DDAH2 alleviates myocardial fibrosis in diabetic cardiomyopathy through activation of the DDAH/ADMA/NOS/NO pathway in rats. Int J Mol Med 43:749-760 (2019). PubMed: 30569164
- Shan H et al. MicroRNA-214 suppresses the viability, migration and invasion of human colorectal carcinoma cells via targeting transglutaminase 2. Mol Med Rep 20:1459-1467 (2019). PubMed: 31173203