Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TIMP2
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TIMP2 antibody
See all TIMP2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TIMP2
Specificityab53730 detects endogenous levels of total TIMP2 protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide derived from human TIMP2.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab53730 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53730 in the following tested applications.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 31 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa).|
FunctionComplexes with metalloproteinases (such as collagenases) and irreversibly inactivates them by binding to their catalytic zinc cofactor. Known to act on MMP-1, MMP-2, MMP-3, MMP-7, MMP-8, MMP-9, MMP-10, MMP-13, MMP-14, MMP-15, MMP-16 and MMP-19.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I35 (TIMP) family.
Contains 1 NTR domain.
modificationsThe activity of TIMP2 is dependent on the presence of disulfide bonds.
- Information by UniProt
- CSC 21K antibody
- CSC-21K antibody
- CSC21K antibody
All lanes : Anti-TIMP2 antibody (ab53730) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : A549 cell extract
Lane 2 : A549 cell extract with immunising peptide
Predicted band size: 24 kDa
Observed band size: 31 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab53730 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Blache U et al. Mesenchymal stromal cell activation by breast cancer secretomes in bioengineered 3D microenvironments. Life Sci Alliance 2:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31160380
- Hussain H et al. A protein chimera strategy supports production of a model "difficult-to-express" recombinant target. FEBS Lett 592:2499-2511 (2018). PubMed: 29933498
- Sharif R et al. Collagen cross-linking impact on keratoconus extracellular matrix. PLoS One 13:e0200704 (2018). PubMed: 30020979
- Smith AC et al. Synaptic plasticity mediating cocaine relapse requires matrix metalloproteinases. Nat Neurosci 17:1655-7 (2014). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 25326689
- Fortin CF et al. MT6-MMP is present in lipid rafts and faces inward in living human PMNs but translocates to the cell surface during neutrophil apoptosis. Int Immunol : (2010). PubMed: 20501611