Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TIMP4
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TIMP4 antibody
See all TIMP4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TIMP4
SpecificityAb38987 recognises the carboxiterminal region of TIMP4. It does not react with other TIMPs.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
- Human TIMP4, cell media from human colorectal adenosarcoma and rat heart.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 2.9% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab38987 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 23 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa).
Recommended starting dilution of 1/1000 when using colorimetric substrates such as BCIP/NBT and 1/5000 when using chemiluminescent substrates.
Predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa. When used against the reduced protein, ab38987 identifies bands at 23 and 29 kDa, representing the unglycosylated and glycosylated forms of TIMP4 respectively.
Treatment of cells with the phorbol ester TPA stimulates production of TIMP4 in some cell types but the low protein levels produced often require concentration of cell culture media to visualize the bands by Western Blotting. Dilution optimised using Chromogenic detection.
FunctionComplexes with metalloproteinases (such as collagenases) and irreversibly inactivates them by binding to their catalytic zinc cofactor. Known to act on MMP-1, MMP-2, MMP-3, MMP-7 and MMP-9.
Tissue specificityAbundant in heart and present at low levels in many other tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I35 (TIMP) family.
Contains 1 NTR domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Metalloproteinase inhibitor 4 antibody
- TIMP 4 antibody
- TIMP metallopeptidase inhibitor 4 antibody
All lanes : Anti-TIMP4 antibody (ab38987) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : human TIMP4
Lane 2 : cell media from human colorectal adenosarcoma
Lane 3 : rat heart
Predicted band size: 26 kDa
Observed band size: 25,45,66,97 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 20 kDa, 23 kDa (possible glycosylated form). We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab38987 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Corporan D et al. Temporal changes in myocardial collagen, matrix metalloproteinases, and their tissue inhibitors in the left ventricular myocardium in experimental chronic mitral regurgitation in rodents. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 315:H1269-H1278 (2018). PubMed: 30141979
- Horn MA et al. Age-related divergent remodeling of the cardiac extracellular matrix in heart failure: collagen accumulation in the young and loss in the aged. J Mol Cell Cardiol 53:82-90 (2012). WB ; Sheep . PubMed: 22516365