Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TIMP4
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TIMP4 antibody
See all TIMP4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TIMP4
Specificityab58425 detects endogenous levels of total TIMP4 protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide derived from C terminal residues of human TIMP4
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab58425 was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab58425 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 26 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa).|
FunctionComplexes with metalloproteinases (such as collagenases) and irreversibly inactivates them by binding to their catalytic zinc cofactor. Known to act on MMP-1, MMP-2, MMP-3, MMP-7 and MMP-9.
Tissue specificityAbundant in heart and present at low levels in many other tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I35 (TIMP) family.
Contains 1 NTR domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Metalloproteinase inhibitor 4 antibody
- TIMP 4 antibody
- TIMP metallopeptidase inhibitor 4 antibody
All lanes : Anti-TIMP4 antibody (ab58425) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : NIH3T3 cell extract
Lane 2 : NIH3T3 cell extract with immunising peptide
Predicted band size: 26 kDa
Observed band size: 26 kDa
ab58425, at 1/50 dilution, staining TIMP4 in paraffin embedded human lung carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry, in the absence (left image) or presence (right image) of the immunising peptide.
ab58425 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Jana S et al. Disparate Remodeling of the Extracellular Matrix and Proteoglycans in Failing Pediatric Versus Adult Hearts. J Am Heart Assoc 7:e010427 (2018). PubMed: 30371322
- El Hajj EC et al. Inhibitor of lysyl oxidase improves cardiac function and the collagen/MMP profile in response to volume overload. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 315:H463-H473 (2018). PubMed: 29775412
- Sun J et al. Effect of simvastatin on MMPs and TIMPs in cigarette smoke-induced rat COPD model. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 12:717-724 (2017). IHC-P ; Rat . PubMed: 28260878
- Chaturvedi P & Tyagi SC Epigenetic silencing of TIMP4 in heart failure. J Cell Mol Med 20:2089-2101 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27396717
- Umazume T et al. Lacrimal Gland Inflammation Deregulates Extracellular Matrix Remodeling and Alters Molecular Signature of Epithelial Stem/Progenitor Cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 56:8392-402 (2015). PubMed: 26747770
- Kim YM et al. Implications of time-series gene expression profiles of replicative senescence. Aging Cell 12:622-34 (2013). PubMed: 23590226
- Narayanan N et al. Hyperhomocysteinemia during aortic aneurysm, a plausible role of epigenetics. Int J Physiol Pathophysiol Pharmacol 5:32-42 (2013). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 23525608
- Tong W et al. Maternal hypoxia alters matrix metalloproteinase expression patterns and causes cardiac remodeling in fetal and neonatal rats. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 301:H2113-21 (2011). PubMed: 21856922
- Qipshidze N et al. Folic acid mitigated cardiac dysfunction by normalizing the levels of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase and homocysteine-metabolizing enzymes postmyocardial infarction in mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 299:H1484-93 (2010). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 20802128
- Thomay AA et al. Disruption of interleukin-1 signaling improves the quality of wound healing. Am J Pathol 174:2129-36 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19389930