Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [TLR3.7] to TLR3
- Suitable for: Inhibition Assay, Functional Studies, IHC-P, IP, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Dog, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-TLR3 antibody [TLR3.7]
See all TLR3 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [TLR3.7] to TLR3
SpecificityAb12085 recognises TLR3.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Inhibition Assay, Functional Studies, IHC-P, IP, Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: WB
Species reactivityReacts with: Dog, Human, Pig
Human Flag-tagged TLR3 stably expressed by Ba/F3 cells.
- Placenta and pancreas. Monocyte-derived immature dendritic cells (see paper by Matsumoto et al,2003). Monocytes, granulocytes, lymphocytes, human fibroblast, MRC-5 & FS-4 cells
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notes0.2 µm filtered
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12085 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Inhibition Assay||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Use ligand poly(I):poly(C).|
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22023039|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration. See paper by Matsumoto et al, 2003.|
See paper by Matsumoto et al, 2003.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 19656899|
FunctionKey component of innate and adaptive immunity. TLRs (Toll-like receptors) control host immune response against pathogens through recognition of molecular patterns specific of microorganisms. TLR3 is a nucleotide-sensing TLR which is activated by double-stranded RNA, a sign of viral infection. Acts via MYD88 and TRAF6, leading to NF-kappa-B activation, cytokine secretion and the inflammatory response.
Tissue specificityExpressed at high level in placenta and pancreas. Also detected in CD11c+ immature dendritic cells. Only expressed in dendritic cells and not in other leukocytes, including monocyte precursors. TLR3 is the TLR that is expressed most strongly in the brain, especially in astrocytes, glia, and neurons.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TLR3 are associated with herpes simplex encephalitis type 2 (HSE2) [MIM:613002]. HSE is a rare complication of human herpesvirus 1 (HHV-1) infection, occurring in only a small minority of HHV-1 infected individuals. HSE is characterized by hemorrhagic necrosis of parts of the temporal and frontal lobes. Onset is over several days and involves fever, headache, seizures, stupor, and often coma, frequently with a fatal outcome. Note=TLR3 mutations predispose otherwise healthy individuals to isolated herpes simplex encephalitis through a mechanism that involves impaired IFNs production and reduced immune defense against viral infection in the central nervous system.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Toll-like receptor family.
Contains 22 LRR (leucine-rich) repeats.
Contains 1 LRRCT domain.
Contains 1 LRRNT domain.
Contains 1 TIR domain.
Domainds-RNA binding is mediated by LRR 1 to 3, and LRR 17 to 18.
modificationsHeavily N-glycosylated, except on that part of the surface of the ectodomain that is involved in ligand binding.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Endosome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD283 antibody
- CD283 antigen antibody
- IIAE2 antibody
ab12085 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Ishida Y et al. Candida albicans ß-Glucan-Containing Particles Increase HO-1 Expression in Oral Keratinocytes via a Reactive Oxygen Species/p38 Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase/Nrf2 Pathway. Infect Immun 86:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29311246
- Hwang SH et al. Characteristics of Human Turbinate-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells Are Not Affected by Allergic Condition of Donor. PLoS One 10:e0138041 (2015). PubMed: 26376485
- Yuan MM et al. TLR3 expression correlates with apoptosis, proliferation and angiogenesis in hepatocellular carcinoma and predicts prognosis. BMC Cancer 15:245 (2015). IHC . PubMed: 25884709
- Biswas I et al. Extracellular RNA facilitates hypoxia-induced leukocyte adhesion and infiltration in the lung through TLR3-IFN-?-STAT1 signaling pathway. Eur J Immunol 45:3158-73 (2015). PubMed: 26350442
- Hwang SH et al. Toll like receptor 3 & 4 responses of human turbinate derived mesenchymal stem cells: stimulation by double stranded RNA and lipopolysaccharide. PLoS One 9:e101558 (2014). Flow Cyt ; Human . PubMed: 25004159