Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TLR4
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TLR4 antibody
See all TLR4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TLR4
SpecificityTLR4 expression levels and cleavage or degradation products can vary between different cell and tissue samples. Customers have observed this variability in WB band size and our laboratory has confirmed this variability as well observing lower molecular weight cleavage and degradation products and in some samples a lack of the full length TLR4 band. The TLR4 cleavage and degradation products and potential lack of full length TLR4 are well documented in the literature, including PMID 16885150 and 22927440. We recommend running a positive control human intestine tissue lysate.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Rhesus monkey
Synthetic peptide corresponding to TLR4 aa 30-80.
- WB: Partial recombinant mouse TLR4 (extracellular portion plus His-tag), RAW cell lysate, Daudi cell lysate. IHC-P: Mouse kidney tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13867 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 2 - 5 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 90 kDa.
Recommended lysis buffer: 10 mM Tris, pH8.0, 130 mM NaCl, 1% Triton X-100, 10 mM NaF, 10 mM NaPi, 10 mM NaPPi (tetrasodium Pyrophosphate)(supplemented with protease inhibitor cocktail).
FunctionCooperates with LY96 and CD14 to mediate the innate immune response to bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS). Acts via MYD88, TIRAP and TRAF6, leading to NF-kappa-B activation, cytokine secretion and the inflammatory response. Also involved in LPS-independent inflammatory responses triggered by Ni(2+). These responses require non-conserved histidines and are, therefore, species-specific.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in placenta, spleen and peripheral blood leukocytes. Detected in monocytes, macrophages, dendritic cells and several types of T-cells.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variation in TLR4 is associated with age-related macular degeneration type 10 (ARMD10) [MIM:611488]. ARMD is a multifactorial eye disease and the most common cause of irreversible vision loss in the developed world. In most patients, the disease is manifest as ophthalmoscopically visible yellowish accumulations of protein and lipid that lie beneath the retinal pigment epithelium and within an elastin-containing structure known as Bruch membrane.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Toll-like receptor family.
Contains 18 LRR (leucine-rich) repeats.
Contains 1 LRRCT domain.
Contains 1 TIR domain.
DomainThe TIR domain mediates interaction with NOX4.
modificationsN-glycosylated. Glycosylation of Asn-526 and Asn-575 seems to be necessary for the expression of TLR4 on the cell surface and the LPS-response. Likewise, mutants lacking two or more of the other N-glycosylation sites were deficient in interaction with LPS.
- Information by UniProt
- ARMD10 antibody
- CD284 antibody
- CD284 antigen antibody
All lanes : Anti-TLR4 antibody (ab13867) at 2 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Partial recombinant mouse TLR4 protein
Lane 2 : RAW cell lysate
Lane 3 : Daudi cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 1 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 90 kDa
Western blot analysis of TLR4 using ab13867 at 2 ug/ml. The antibody was tested against partial recombinant mouse TLR4 (extracellular portion) and a 75-80 kDa band was observed. Full length TLR4 is observed at approximately 90 kDa.
Analysis of TLR4 in mouse kidney tissue using ab13867 at 5µg/ml.
ab13867 has been referenced in 29 publications.
- Piao X et al. Picroside II Improves Severe Acute Pancreatitis-Induced Intestinal Barrier Injury by Inactivating Oxidative and Inflammatory TLR4-Dependent PI3K/AKT/NF-?B Signaling and Improving Gut Microbiota. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2020:3589497 (2020). PubMed: 32351672
- He Y et al. Inhibition of Triggering Receptor Expressed on Myeloid Cell-1 Alleviates Acute Gouty Inflammation. Mediators Inflamm 2019:5647074 (2019). PubMed: 31885496
- Shen X et al. Metformin Reduces Lipotoxicity-Induced Meta-Inflammation in ß-Cells through the Activation of GPR40-PLC-IP3 Pathway. J Diabetes Res 2019:7602427 (2019). PubMed: 31950065
- Liu W et al. LncRNA papillary thyroid carcinoma susceptibility candidate 3 (PTCSC3) regulates the proliferation of human periodontal ligament stem cells and toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) expression to improve periodontitis. BMC Oral Health 19:108 (2019). PubMed: 31196168
- Wang YX et al. Porphyromonas gingivalis induces depression via downregulating p75NTR-mediated BDNF maturation in astrocytes. Brain Behav Immun 81:523-534 (2019). PubMed: 31299366