Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TLR8
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TLR8 antibody
See all TLR8 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TLR8
Specificityab24185 reacts with TLR8 protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide (Human) corresponding to 16 amino acids near the middle of human TLR8 (within the Leucine-rich repeat between residues 772 and 823).
- Daudi cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.2
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified by Ion exchange chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24185 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 119 kDa.|
FunctionKey component of innate and adaptive immunity. TLRs (Toll-like receptors) control host immune response against pathogens through recognition of molecular patterns specific of microorganisms. Acts via MYD88 and TRAF6, leading to NF-kappa-B activation, cytokine secretion and the inflammatory response.
Tissue specificityDetected in brain, heart, lung, liver, placenta, in monocytes, and at lower levels in CD11c+ immature dendritic cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Toll-like receptor family.
Contains 23 LRR (leucine-rich) repeats.
Contains 1 LRRCT domain.
Contains 1 TIR domain.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 288 antibody
- CD288 antibody
- CD288 antigen antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-TLR8 antibody (ab24185) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-TLR8 antibody (ab24185) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Anti-TLR8 antibody (ab24185) at 2 µg/ml
All lanes : Daudi Cell lysate
Predicted band size: 119 kDa
Observed band size: 110 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab25185 at 2µg/ml staining TLR8 in Daudi cells by ICC/IF
ab24185 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Yu L et al. Functional Roles of Pattern Recognition Receptors That Recognize Virus Nucleic Acids in Human Adipose-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells. Biomed Res Int 2016:9872138 (2016). PubMed: 28105439
- Umiker BR et al. Dosage of X-linked Toll-like receptor 8 determines gender differences in the development of systemic lupus erythematosus. Eur J Immunol 44:1503-16 (2014). PubMed: 24500834
- Li B et al. 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 suppresses TLR8 expression and TLR8-mediated inflammatory responses in monocytes in vitro and experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in vivo. PLoS One 8:e58808 (2013). PubMed: 23516559
- Makni-Maalej K et al. The TLR7/8 agonist CL097 primes N-formyl-methionyl-leucyl-phenylalanine-stimulated NADPH oxidase activation in human neutrophils: critical role of p47phox phosphorylation and the proline isomerase Pin1. J Immunol 189:4657-65 (2012). WB . PubMed: 23002436
- Menendez D et al. The Toll-Like Receptor Gene Family Is Integrated into Human DNA Damage and p53 Networks. PLoS Genet 7:e1001360 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21483755
- Gregory SM et al. Toll-like receptor signaling controls reactivation of KSHV from latency. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:11725-30 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19564611
- Vanderwerf SM et al. TLR8-dependent TNF-(alpha) overexpression in Fanconi anemia group C cells. Blood 114:5290-8 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19850743