Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [26C593.2] to TLR9
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Horse, Dog, Human, Rhesus monkey
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-TLR9 antibody [26C593.2]
See all TLR9 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [26C593.2] to TLR9
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Horse, Dog, Human, Rhesus monkey
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Cynomolgus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan
- WB: Human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs). Human, mouse and rat intestine tissue lysates. Flow Cytometry: Ramos and PBMC cells. IHC-Fr: Human lung adenocarcinoma and malignant lung tissues. IHC-P: Human spleen tissue. ICC/IF: A549 cells.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at 4°C (up to 6 months). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.05% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab134368 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 120 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 115 kDa).|
|IHC-Fr||Use a concentration of 10 - 20 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 0.1-2µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionKey component of innate and adaptive immunity. TLRs (Toll-like receptors) control host immune response against pathogens through recognition of molecular patterns specific of microorganisms. TLR9 is a nucleotide-sensing TLR which is activated by unmethylated cytidine-phosphate-guanosine (CpG) dinucleotides. Acts via MYD88 and TRAF6, leading to NF-kappa-B activation, cytokine secretion and the inflammatory response.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in spleen, lymph node, tonsil and peripheral blood leukocytes, especially in plasmacytoid pre-dendritic cells. Levels are much lower in monocytes and CD11c+ immature dendritic cells. Also detected in lung and liver.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Toll-like receptor family.
Contains 26 LRR (leucine-rich) repeats.
Contains 1 TIR domain.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Endosome. Lysosome. Cytoplasmic vesicle > phagosome. Relocalizes from endoplasmic reticulum to endosome and lysosome upon stimulation with agonist.
- Information by UniProt
- CD 289 antibody
- CD289 antibody
- TLR 9 antibody
Flow Cytometric analysis of TLR9 in Ramos (Human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) cells labelled with ab134368 at 0.1 µg (pink), no antibody (blue) or isotype control antibody (green). Goat anti-mouse IgG FITC secondary was used.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human spleen tissue labelling TLR9 with ab134368 at 5 µg/ml.
Staining was enhanced by boiling tissue sections in 10 mM sodium citrate buffer, pH 6.0 for 10-20 minutes followed by cooling at room temperature for 20 minutes.
All lanes : Anti-TLR9 antibody [26C593.2] (ab134368) at 3 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs)
Lane 2 : Human intestine tissue lysate
Lane 3 : Mouse intestine tissue lysate
Lane 4 : Rat intestine tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 40 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-mouse HRP conjugate
Predicted band size: 115 kDa
Observed band size: 120 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Flow Cytometric analysis of TLR9 in human PBMC cells labelled with ab134368 at 0.5 µg (red) or an isotype control antibody (green).
Immunohistochemical analysis of TLR9 in frozen sections of human lung adenocarcinoma tissue, using ab134368 at a 1/100 dilution.
Immunohistochemical analysis of TLR9 in frozen sections of A549 (Human lung carcinoma cell line) cells, using ab134368 at a 1/100 dilution.
Immunohistochemical analysis of TLR9 in frozen sections of malignant human lung tissue, using ab134368 at a 1/100 dilution.
ab134368 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Qian J et al. High expression levels of TLR9 and PD-L1 indicates a poor prognosis in patients with angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma: a retrospective study of 88 cases in a single center. J Cancer 11:57-68 (2020). PubMed: 31892973
- Guo HY & Cui ZJ Extracellular Histones Activate Plasma Membrane Toll-Like Receptor 9 to Trigger Calcium Oscillations in Rat Pancreatic Acinar Tumor Cell AR4-2J. Cells 8:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30577532
- Barboza R et al. TLR4-Mediated Placental Pathology and Pregnancy Outcome in Experimental Malaria. Sci Rep 7:8623 (2017). IHC-P ; Mouse . PubMed: 28819109
- Mitterreiter JG et al. Satellite glial cells in human trigeminal ganglia have a broad expression of functional Toll-like receptors. Eur J Immunol 47:1181-1187 (2017). PubMed: 28508449
- Cohen S et al. Adverse early life environment increases hippocampal microglia abundance in conjunction with decreased neural stem cells in juvenile mice. Int J Dev Neurosci 55:56-65 (2016). Mouse . PubMed: 27666383