- References (1)
Product nameTMB-8, calcium antagonist and PKC inhibitor.
DescriptionCalcium antagonist and PKC inhibitor.
- 3,4,5-Trimethoxybenzoic Acid 8-(Diethylamino)octyl Ester, Hydrochloride
- 8-(Diethylamino)octyl 3,4,5-trimethoxybenzoate hydrochloride
Calcium antagonist and protein kinase C (PKC) inhibitor.
Chemical name3,4,5-Trimethoxybenzoic acid 8-(diethylamino)octyl ester hydrochloride
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
This product has been referenced in:
- Yamada Y et al. Intracellular Ca2+ antagonist TMB-8 blocks catecholamine secretion evoked by caffeine and acetylcholine from perfused cat adrenal glands in the absence of extracellular Ca2+. Neurosci Lett 90:338-42 (1988). Read more (PubMed: 3419642) »
- Kojima I et al. Action of TMB-8 (8-(N,N-diethylamino)octyl-3,4,5-trimethoxybenzoate) on cytoplasmic free calcium in adrenal glomerulosa cell. Biochim Biophys Acta 888:25-9 (1986). Read more (PubMed: 3091082) »
- Kojima I et al. Mechanism of inhibitory action of TMB-8 [8-(NN-diethylamino)octyl-3,4,5-trimethoxybenzoate] on aldosterone secretion in adrenal glomerulosa cells. Biochem J 232:87-92 (1985). Read more (PubMed: 3936488) »
- Brand MD & Felber SM The intracellular calcium antagonist TMB-8 [8-(NN-diethylamino)octyl-3,4,5-trimethoxybenzoate] inhibits mitochondrial ATP production in rat thymocytes. Biochem J 224:1027-30 (1984). Read more (PubMed: 6525171) »