Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TMEM16A
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-TMEM16A antibody
See all TMEM16A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TMEM16A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide within Human TMEM16A aa 400-500. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q5XXA6
This product is FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. For commercial use, please contact email@example.com.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.60
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53212 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionActs as a calcium-activated chloride channel. Required for normal tracheal development.
Tissue specificityBroadly expressed with higher levels in liver and skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the anoctamin family.
DomainThe region spanning the fifth and sixth transmembrane domains probably forms the pore-forming region.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- ANO 1 antibody
- ANO1 antibody
- ANO1_HUMAN antibody
ab53212 (2µg/ml) staining TMEM16A in human liver (left panel) using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is strong staining of hepatocyte cell membrane.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human gastrointestinal stromal tumor labeling TMEM16A with ab53212.
ab53212 has been referenced in 87 publications.
- Guarascio DM et al. Functional expression of TMEM16A in taste bud cells. J Physiol 599:3697-3714 (2021). PubMed: 34089532
- Suzuki T et al. TMEM16A Ca2+-Activated Cl- Channel Regulates the Proliferation and Migration of Brain Capillary Endothelial Cells. Mol Pharmacol 98:61-71 (2020). PubMed: 32358165
- Grainger N et al. Identification and classification of interstitial cells in the mouse renal pelvis. J Physiol 598:3283-3307 (2020). PubMed: 32415739
- Naik AS et al. Smad4-dependent morphogenic signals control the maturation and axonal targeting of basal vomeronasal sensory neurons to the accessory olfactory bulb. Development 147:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32341026
- Guo JW et al. Hepatocyte TMEM16A Deletion Retards NAFLD Progression by Ameliorating Hepatic Glucose Metabolic Disorder. Adv Sci (Weinh) 7:1903657 (2020). PubMed: 32440483