Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TMEM16A
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TMEM16A antibody
See all TMEM16A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TMEM16A
SpecificityThis antibody reacts specifically with human 114 kDa TMEM16A protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human TMEM16A aa 700-800 (internal sequence).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72984 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionActs as a calcium-activated chloride channel. Required for normal tracheal development.
Tissue specificityBroadly expressed with higher levels in liver and skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the anoctamin family.
DomainThe region spanning the fifth and sixth transmembrane domains probably forms the pore-forming region.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
- ANO 1 antibody
- ANO1 antibody
- ANO1_HUMAN antibody
ICC/IF image of ab72984 stained Hek293 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab72984, 1/1000 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab72984 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Tong JJ et al. Calcium-Activated Chloride Channels in Newly Differentiating Mouse Lens Fiber Cells and Their Role in Volume Regulation. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 60:1621-1629 (2019). PubMed: 30995319
- Banerjee J et al. Regulatory Roles of Anoctamin-6 in Human Trabecular Meshwork Cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 58:492-501 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28125837
- Crutzen R et al. Anoctamin 1 (Ano1) is required for glucose-induced membrane potential oscillations and insulin secretion by murine ß-cells. Pflugers Arch 468:573-91 (2016). PubMed: 26582426
- Davis AJ et al. Potent vasorelaxant activity of the TMEM16A inhibitor T16A(inh) -A01. Br J Pharmacol 168:773-84 (2013). PubMed: 22946562
- Wang M et al. Downregulation of TMEM16A calcium-activated chloride channel contributes to cerebrovascular remodeling during hypertension by promoting basilar smooth muscle cell proliferation. Circulation 125:697-707 (2012). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 22215857
- Hanzu FA et al. Expression of TMEM16A and SLC4A4 in human pancreatic islets. Cell Physiol Biochem 29:61-4 (2012). PubMed: 22415075
- Davis AJ et al. Expression profile and protein translation of TMEM16A in murine smooth muscle. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 299:C948-59 (2010). IHC-Fr ; Mouse . PubMed: 20686072