Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR10403] to TMS1/ASC
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-TMS1/ASC antibody [EPR10403]
See all TMS1/ASC primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR10403] to TMS1/ASC
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human TMS1/ASC aa 100 to the C-terminus. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: Q9ULZ3
- WB: THP-1 and U937 cell lysates. ICC/IF: HeLa and THP-1 cells. Flow Cyt: THP-1 cells.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product was previously labelled as TMS1
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab155970 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 22 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
|Flow Cyt||1/10 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionPromotes caspase-mediated apoptosis. This proapoptotic activity is mediated predominantly through the activation of caspase-9. May be a component of the inflammasome, a protein complex which also includes NALP2, CARD8 and CASP1 and whose function would be the activation of proinflammatory caspases.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed at low levels. Detected in peripheral blood leukocytes, lung, small intestine, spleen, thymus, colon and at lower levels in placenta, liver and kidney. Very low expression in skeletal muscle, heart and brain. Detected in the leukemia cell lines HL-60 and U937, but not in Jurkat T-cell lymphoma and Daudi Burkitt's lymphoma. Detected in the melanoma cell line WM35, but not in WM793. Not detected in HeLa cervical carcinoma cells and Molt 4 lymphocytic leukemia cells.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 CARD domain.
Contains 1 DAPIN domain.
DomainInteracts with CIAS1/PYPAF1 and PYDC1 via the DAPIN domain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Upstream of caspase activation, a redistribution from the cytoplasm to the aggregates occurs. These appear as hollow, perinuclear spherical, ball-like structures.
- Information by UniProt
- Apoptosis associated speck like protein containing a CARD antibody
- Apoptosis-associated speck-like protein containing a CARD antibody
- ASC antibody
All lanes : Anti-TMS1/ASC antibody [EPR10403] (ab155970) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : THP-1 (Human monocytic leukemia cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : U937 (Human histiocytic lymphoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 20000 µg
Predicted band size: 22 kDa
Blocking and diluting buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST
All lanes : Anti-TMS1/ASC antibody [EPR10403] (ab155970) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : THP1 cell lysate
Lane 2 : U937 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 22 kDa
ab133645 staining TMS1/ASC in HeLa (human cervix adenocarcinoma) cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence).
Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100. Samples were incubated with primary antibody at a dilution of 1/250. A goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab150077) was used as the secondary antibody at a dilution of 1/1000. ab195889 was used as a counterstain for primary antibody ab155970 at 1/200. DAPI was used as a nuclear counterstain and PBS as a negative control.
ab155970 staining TMS1/ASC in the human cell line THP-1 (Human monocytic leukemia cell line) by flow cytometry.
Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and the sample was incubated with the primary antibody at a dilution of 1/50. A goat anti rabbit IgG (Alexa Fluor® 488) at a dilution of 1/2000 was used as the secondary antibody.
Isoytype control: Rabbit monoclonal IgG (Black)
Unlabeled control: Cell without incubation with primary antibody and secondary antibody (Blue)
Immunofluorescence analysis of THP-1 (Human monocytic leukemia cell line) cells, labeling TMS1/ASC using ab155970 at a 1/100 dilution.
ab155970 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Zhang X et al. Pigment epithelium-derived factor facilitates NLRP3 inflammasome activation through downregulating cytidine monophosphate kinase 2: A potential treatment strategy for missed abortion. Int J Mol Med 45:1436-1446 (2020). PubMed: 32323732
- Nakamura H et al. Altered expression of inflammasomes in Hirschsprung's disease. Pediatr Surg Int 35:15-20 (2019). PubMed: 30386901
- Guo Q et al. Cytokine Secretion and Pyroptosis of Thyroid Follicular Cells Mediated by Enhanced NLRP3, NLRP1, NLRC4, and AIM2 Inflammasomes Are Associated With Autoimmune Thyroiditis. Front Immunol 9:1197 (2018). PubMed: 29915579
- Cao S et al. Melatonin-mediated mitophagy protects against early brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage through inhibition of NLRP3 inflammasome activation. Sci Rep 7:2417 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28546552
- Waldhuber A et al. Uropathogenic Escherichia coli strain CFT073 disrupts NLRP3 inflammasome activation. J Clin Invest 126:2425-36 (2016). PubMed: 27214553