Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to TNF alpha
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-TNF alpha antibody
See all TNF alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to TNF alpha
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Mouse TNF alpha.
(Peptide available as
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.42% Potassium phosphate, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34674 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 17 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 26 kDa).Can be blocked with Synthetic Mouse TNF alpha protein (ab151311).|
FunctionCytokine that binds to TNFRSF1A/TNFR1 and TNFRSF1B/TNFBR. It is mainly secreted by macrophages and can induce cell death of certain tumor cell lines. It is potent pyrogen causing fever by direct action or by stimulation of interleukin-1 secretion and is implicated in the induction of cachexia, Under certain conditions it can stimulate cell proliferation and induce cell differentiation.
Involvement in diseaseGenetic variations in TNF are a cause of susceptibility psoriatic arthritis (PSORAS) [MIM:607507]. PSORAS is an inflammatory, seronegative arthritis associated with psoriasis. It is a heterogeneous disorder ranging from a mild, non-destructive disease to a severe, progressive, erosive arthropathy. Five types of psoriatic arthritis have been defined: asymmetrical oligoarthritis characterized by primary involvement of the small joints of the fingers or toes; asymmetrical arthritis which involves the joints of the extremities; symmetrical polyarthritis characterized by a rheumatoidlike pattern that can involve hands, wrists, ankles, and feet; arthritis mutilans, which is a rare but deforming and destructive condition; arthritis of the sacroiliac joints and spine (psoriatic spondylitis).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tumor necrosis factor family.
modificationsThe soluble form derives from the membrane form by proteolytic processing.
The membrane form, but not the soluble form, is phosphorylated on serine residues. Dephosphorylation of the membrane form occurs by binding to soluble TNFRSF1A/TNFR1.
O-glycosylated; glycans contain galactose, N-acetylgalactosamine and N-acetylneuraminic acid.
Cellular localizationSecreted and Cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- APC1 antibody
- APC1 protein antibody
- Cachectin antibody
Anti-TNF alpha antibody (ab34674) at 1/1000 dilution + recombinant mouse TNF alpha, 50ng
HRP rabbit secondary antibody at 1/40000 dilution
Predicted band size: 26 kDa
Observed band size: 17 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab34674 has been referenced in 33 publications.
- D'Onofrio N et al. MicroRNA-33 and SIRT1 influence the coronary thrombus burden in hyperglycemic STEMI patients. J Cell Physiol 235:1438-1452 (2020). PubMed: 31294459
- Ma Y et al. Mangiferin Relieves Lipopolysaccharide-Induced Injury by Up-Regulating miR-181a via Targeting PTEN in ATDC5 Cells. Front Pharmacol 11:137 (2020). PubMed: 32210798
- Bouybayoune I et al. Cyclophillin A deficiency accelerates RML-induced prion disease. Neurobiol Dis 130:104498 (2019). PubMed: 31181281
- You YH et al. MicroRNA-153 promotes brain-derived neurotrophic factor and hippocampal neuron proliferation to alleviate autism symptoms through inhibition of JAK-STAT pathway by LEPR. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30975733
- Pentecost A et al. Immunomodulatory nanodiamond aggregate-based platform for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Regen Biomater 6:163-174 (2019). PubMed: 31198584